05 SuperCab 4ga

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 04:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 SuperCab 4ga

Where are you guys running your 4 ga wire though the firewall on the passenger side? Is there a hole or am I going to have to make one?

Old 06-01-2010, 10:18 PM
I ran mine under the truck and up through the grommet on the passenger's side floor. I have a scab if that helps. I didn't want to deal with going behind the AC and such to get through the firewall, so under the truck I went.

Old 06-02-2010, 07:58 AM
Originally Posted by yetti96
I ran mine under the truck and up through the grommet on the passenger's side floor. I have a scab if that helps. I didn't want to deal with going behind the AC and such to get through the firewall, so under the truck I went.
thats what i normally do is underneath, just thought maybe there was some hidden hole in the fire wall that could be used.

Old 06-02-2010, 04:23 PM
There's a gromment in the firewall on the passenger side. It sits just in front of where the HVAC plenum sits inside the cab. It's 8-10 inches down from the top of the engine compartment and four or so inches to center from the inside edge of the battery. It takes some fishing to get the cable around the air box (you're going into the back of some cab insulation and it grabs everything. Wrap tape around the end of the cable to make it slick and it helps a little). You can drop it from there straight down into the wiring channel by the door.

Brad

Quick Reply: 05 SuperCab 4ga