system tuning?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 11:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
system tuning?

Ok, I have my Pioneer 3100 DVD installed, Arc FD2200 installed, and ID components installed. Sub will come later. What is the proper way to tune my system? I currently have the amp crossed at 80hz with the bass boost and gain turned all the way down. I have selected the custom EQ settings and basically made it look like a V. Am I on the right track? What is the proper technique for my basic passive system?

Old 01-06-2010, 03:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its based on what sound you like. Ones EQ settings wont be the same for the next. Bass boost off record what you currently have, then reset it to a flat settings. Play a song you like with good bass and highs at 50% to 75% of the headunits max volume. Then adjust the gain on the amp to where your on the verge of it sounding like crap (clipping) then turn it down a little.

That sets your gain. 80hertz high pass sounds ok with components. Adjust your tweets to -3 0 +3 to your liking, id start -3.

My headunit eq is a little flat in the middle with a little gain on the lows and more gain on the top end.

Old 01-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
if i remember right your gain is supposed to be set at the voltage the headunit preouts are

Quick Reply: system tuning?