Speaker Level Inputs/Sony 1805GX

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2001, 10:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Speaker Level Inputs/Sony 1805GX

I purchased a Sony 1805GX 5 channel amp to be installed in my S'Crew when it arrives. As I stated in earlier posts, I'm using it with my stock HU, 4 Infinity Kappas and a subbox.net Cadence Subwoofer. Although I'm not going to be the one to install it, I have a question regarding the 1805GX's advertised "speaker level inputs." I had assumed that these inputs would be for speaker wire run from the HU, but the only inputs on this thing are for RCA plugs. I already got an install quote with wires/parts included, but I'm just curious. If my stock HU doesn't have RCA outputs, how are the speaker wires adapted to fit into this alleged "speaker level input" amp without a line output adapter of some sort; and if it needs an adapter, how is this amp a speaker level input amp?

Old 05-14-2001, 08:48 AM
hey grumps! Some of the new amps listed as speaker level inputs DO use the RCA inputs. they become speaker level inputs by a switch or with the use of the gain control (sometimes a combo of the 2)

------------------
97 F-150XL 4.2V6, 5 spd, 2wdlb, Kenwood cd, MTX 4ch amp, MTX 12"sub, MTX components in doors

Future 16x8 Daytona wheels, 265/75 tires, rhinoliner, perf stuff

Old 05-14-2001, 11:31 PM
there are adapters for speaker level signals to RCAs. the adapters will run about $15. and trust me, you don't want to run speaker level into the amp, have an adapter put in right after the hu and run RCAs. cleaner sound.

Quick Reply: Speaker Level Inputs/Sony 1805GX