Infinity Kappa 255a AMP

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2001, 02:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Infinity Kappa 255a AMP

This is a multi ch. amp with seperate sub ch would this be a good unit to go with. I have infinity kappas, and I am going with the Inifinty perfect 10 with a Clarion head unit.

------------------
1998 F150 STX 4.6L V8 Black w/Grey int. 6 disc CD-Changer, 5% tint, 2" drop shackles, CheckMate Flush Style bed cover, clear corners, APC Euro Clear Tails, SuperWhites, Infinity 5725cf all around, SS Speed Grille w/ bumper, Helwig rearsway bar,Superchip, Airaid, Mangecor KV8.5 wires, Bosch Plat +4, and Jardine Cat-Back single out.

Future Mods:
Pro-M, Throtle Body, Pulleys, Carbon Fiber, Headers, High Flow Cats, and Edlebrock shocks.

Old 04-18-2001, 01:40 AM
I have seen quite a few problems with these amps. I have seen them installed in quite a few vehicles and they just don't hold up. As soon as the amp was pushed (not exceeded) it just gave up. Sent it back and the replacement amp didn't even work from the start. Weird because Infinity makes great speakers. IMO there are many other amps available that are much more reliable.

------------------
97 F-150XL 4.2V6, 5 spd, 2wdlb, Kenwood cd, MTX 4ch amp, MTX 12"sub, MTX components in doors

Future 16x8 Daytona wheels, 265/75 tires, rhinoliner, perf stuff

Old 05-12-2001, 03:03 PM
I have to say the oppisite of chuck! I have 3 infinity amps in my truck and all 3 do their jobs well and after testing their outputs at my local audio place they well exceed their rated power outputs.

Head over to sounddomain.com and check their forum for more opinions as it deals with nothing but audio.

later

andrew

Quick Reply: Infinity Kappa 255a AMP