Opinions on Alpine MRV-F407 (with Diamond Audio S600s)?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2001, 04:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good question. IMHO, if you get that JL stealthbox, you're going to need more power. You Diamond Hex units (sa-weeet!) are also gonna require boo-koo power to sound the best......They're really stiff. Personally, I'd have gone with 2 amps. But you're not out anything by trying that setup first. Go for it. Have you posed your question to the pros over on:
http://www.clubknowledge.com/forums/...llation_Forum/
Several install pros are always answering questions there. You'll get qualified advice (Not that you don't here....It's just nice to have different viewpoints)

Old 04-26-2001, 05:15 PM
Sundog7,

Nope haven't posted over there yet... thought I would see the response here first. Headed over there now to post. I haven't bought the Alpine yet... just wondering since a local stereo install place said they would probably use that one. I don't trust them though.

Thanks,
Jeff in Houston

------------------
* 2001 F-150 XLT SC Silver FS; 4.6L
* 4x4 ORP
* Sport Package
* 3.55 Limited Slip Rear Differential
* Electronic 4-Spd Auto O/D with Electronic Shift on the Fly
* Remote Keyless Entry
* Sport Cloth Captain's Chairs
* Toff spray-in liner (black)
* Westin factory nerf bars (black)
* Xtreme Window tint
* "Premium" Sound System - yeah right... maybe "premium" compared to a Tandy Rat Shack system

Old 04-27-2001, 12:53 AM
Question Opinions on Alpine MRV-F407 (with Diamond Audio S600s)?

Hey guys...

Someone suggested that I look into using this amp to power the front two speakers (Diamond Audio S600s HEX) in my F150, and then bridge the other two channels to power a sub (undecided on sub... possible JL Audio Stealth in center console).

Anybody use this sucker? Thoughts? Do you need the specs on the DA S600s to tell me your thoughts? Let me know.

Thanks,
Jeff in Houston

------------------
* 2001 F-150 XLT SC Silver FS; 4.6L
* 4x4 ORP
* Sport Package
* 3.55 Limited Slip Rear Differential
* Electronic 4-Spd Auto O/D with Electronic Shift on the Fly
* Remote Keyless Entry
* Sport Cloth Captain's Chairs
* Toff spray-in liner (black)
* Westin factory nerf bars (black)
* Xtreme Window tint
* "Premium" Sound System - yeah right... maybe "premium" compared to a Tandy Rat Shack system

Old 04-27-2001, 09:10 AM
Angry

Jeff:
Nothing feels worse than plunking money down at a dealer you don't trust. SURELY there's another place in Houston/environs that sells Alpine? I don't care how good the product might be: If you can't trust the dealer, how good are you going to feel having them rummaging around in your cab wiring up your baby? gakkkk!!! <hold fingers up as a cross>
That same CK forum I sent you to can probably also give you a lead on a trusted installer/retailer in your area. It's worth a try.

Jeff in Charlotte

Quick Reply: Opinions on Alpine MRV-F407 (with Diamond Audio S600s)?