Sharing with my Ford friends, killer amp.

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2001, 11:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Sharing with my Ford friends, killer amp.

Howdy, i am usually on the Lightning board, but was looking here and feeling so good about my amp i wanted to share. I had a crossfire 50.4, you can figure that out right, 50 X 4, ok, running my rears and then bridged to the sub. I had a Crossfire 75.2 running the front components. I really wanted an all "something" system, not mix matched. So i started JL, anyway the 300/4 JL amp came in, traded up. I put it to the 4 speakers and brdiged the remaining 75.2 Crossfire to the sub. Ok so there is a 75 X 4 versus a 50.4, but wait the components were getting 75 X 2! So how much of a difference could it really make, i had huge doubts for the 300.00 upgrade, 550.00 off the shelf amp. I is simply amazing. It is a full range amp and it is running all JL speaks, but WOW, what clear sound, especially with the suck A$$ "premium" Sanyo unit/system they give us in these trucks. Do they think truck drivers have no ears, no audiophiles in trucks and SUV's Ford??? Please, leave the radio out next time, i'll handle it myself . The Crossfire was touted as a very clear amp for the dollar, meaning lower end. The JL is supposed to be premo, it absolutely sounds like it. If i go the Sony C90, i'll go head to head with any BMW high end Alpine type system you can find. No not the biggest thump, but rather a recorded C note reproduced to the extent of breaking that glass, crystal clarity, fingers on strings, to hear the drum talc in the air,
. Anyway, good luck all, if it means anything, a real nice system without that DVD video crap runs about 2k installed, there are alternatives, but sound shop, drop and go, about 2k.

------------------
Silver '00 Lightning.
#3962/4966 6/16/00
PSP filter kit.
JL 300/4 amp, JL-XR's, VR's and 10WO, Crossfire 75.2 amp.
Ligted Logos.
Clear corners, Altezza tails on order.

Old 03-29-2001, 12:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you can't go wrong with a proven speaker company like JL, no doubt their amps would be top of the line.

Quick Reply: Sharing with my Ford friends, killer amp.