What would you do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2001, 02:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What would you do?

I am planning on putting a new system in my Screw. I have already upgraded the door speakers (Rockford Fosgate 5 1/4" components up front and Cerwin-Vega 5x7 in the rear (all from previous truck)) and I am wanting to add a couple ams and a sub.
I have old fosgate amps, and I love the way they sound and their reliability. However, I want to go for a uniformed install with "matching" amps and I don't like fosgates new stuff. I have been considering the Phoenix Gold ZX series, the Orion HCCA, the Soundstream Rubicon, and the new JL Audio amps. I have always been a fan of the PG and I use their interconnect wiring explicitly, but their price is really steep.
What would you guys do? Stick with the old and bury it in the truck, or spend the bucks for new equipment and go for style? What line do you guys like and why?

Old 03-02-2001, 06:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I can tell you my experience with old RF vrs new. I like the old RF also, still running an old 150HD on my sub with Soundstream on the highs. I tried the new stuff and found I had to go much, much larger to get the same results. The brands you mentioned are good stuff but you're gonna be hard pressed to find better than old RF. I wouldn't bury it, I would display it boldly. Anyone with audio knowledge will appreciate the old RF amps and envy you. Just because it's new,it ain't necessarily better. Car audio is definitely one field where technology hasn't gotten better, just different.

------------------
Very Bright RED '97 F150XLT, SC, captains chairs, flareside,4x2,ARE lid, tints, 4x4 front bumper w/fogs, Hyper Headlights, shield, 2" rear drop, Monroe gas-shocks, slash duals, K&N, Pirelli S/T Scorpions, Viper alarm.
Then we have the sound system: A Collage of a Clarion 9375 head unit, 12 disc changer in console, Fosgate Power 500 on a 12" sub (seat raised 4")Soundstream 364 driving front and rear mix of Diamond Audio and JBL.