Finally decided on an amp... Still need system and install HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 08:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally decided on an amp... Still need system and install HELP

After speaking to Joshua at woofersetc.com i decided to use the Memphis 16-MCH600 5-Channel amp with my system... Here is everything I have ordered:
-Polk MOMO MMC5250 Components for the Front Doors
-Polk db571 6x8 for the rear doors
-Single 10" Kicker CVR in SupercrewSound Box
-Memphis 16-MCH600 5-Channel amp
-Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.2
For now I'm keeping Factory OEM Audiophile Head Unit because I want the clean factory look. I have learned so much from these forums but I still don't have the confidence to do this install myself. I had hoped to have someone do the install leaving me the option to upgrade my head unit at a later date via a plug and play application. However, I spoke to an installer in my area who told me that if I decide to upgrade my head unit at a later date that I will have to rip out my wiring from the head unit to the 3SIXTY.2. Does this make any sense to anyone?
Can anyone recommend a reputable installer in the Northern Virginia/DC Metro Area who is familiar with programming the 3SIXTY.2 and can do this install for me?
OR
Is their anyone out there with the level of patience required to walk a rookie like me through this install step by step?

Old 03-18-2008, 09:24 PM
Factory head units

Hey you should be able to get whats called a high level converter! This will allow you to tie into the factory speaker wires at the headunit and it converts the signal to an RCA style output which from there you run RCA's to your amp. Also if you run new wires directly from your amp into the doors to your speakers it makes it easier to do the swap of the headunit later. All you will need to do is disconnect the high level adapters and plug the RCA's into your new Deck. Peace of cake. I do suggest buying a good brand name converter it will make a difference.And make sure you get your polarity right on your speakers. positive to positive, negative to negative. it will make a difference if you get it wrong there will be less bass

Last edited by Sithmo; 03-18-2008 at 09:28 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by Sithmo
Hey you should be able to get whats called a high level converter! This will allow you to tie into the factory speaker wires at the headunit and it converts the signal to an RCA style output which from there you run RCA's to your amp. Also if you run new wires directly from your amp into the doors to your speakers it makes it easier to do the swap of the headunit later. All you will need to do is disconnect the high level adapters and plug the RCA's into your new Deck. Peace of cake. I do suggest buying a good brand name converter it will make a difference.And make sure you get your polarity right on your speakers. positive to positive, negative to negative. it will make a difference if you get it wrong there will be less bass
That is what the RF 3sixty.2 is for-

Jon

Old 03-20-2008, 01:35 AM
Originally Posted by bgsu_rhine
After speaking to Joshua at woofersetc.com i decided to use the Memphis 16-MCH600 5-Channel amp with my system... Here is everything I have ordered:
-Polk MOMO MMC5250 Components for the Front Doors
-Polk db571 6x8 for the rear doors
-Single 10" Kicker CVR in SupercrewSound Box
-Memphis 16-MCH600 5-Channel amp
-Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.2
For now I'm keeping Factory OEM Audiophile Head Unit because I want the clean factory look. I have learned so much from these forums but I still don't have the confidence to do this install myself. I had hoped to have someone do the install leaving me the option to upgrade my head unit at a later date via a plug and play application. However, I spoke to an installer in my area who told me that if I decide to upgrade my head unit at a later date that I will have to rip out my wiring from the head unit to the 3SIXTY.2. Does this make any sense to anyone?
Can anyone recommend a reputable installer in the Northern Virginia/DC Metro Area who is familiar with programming the 3SIXTY.2 and can do this install for me?
OR
Is their anyone out there with the level of patience required to walk a rookie like me through this install step by step?

I dont mind helping you if you email me. Because there is a lot to go through on the 3Sixty.2. What Ill do is give you my # and walk you step by step through the 3Sixty OEM integration.

Old 03-20-2008, 08:37 AM
Thanks e! Emailing you now

Old 03-20-2008, 09:11 AM
listen to what low has to say, your on the right track to and EXCELENT sounding system. if you have this stuff installed by someone else mention that you want the 3sixty.2 up around the H/U... theres no reason why it should be installed all the way in the back with the amp. if and when you switch the H/U out it'll be a pretty simple swap out.... what they are doing is using the 3sixty like a line out converter... only better because you have sound processing capabilities too. the installer is right in a sense that some simple rewiring might be needed altho I think he's trying to make it sound as if it would be better to just get a H/U now

Old 03-20-2008, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by styxnpicks
listen to what low has to say, your on the right track to and EXCELENT sounding system. if you have this stuff installed by someone else mention that you want the 3sixty.2 up around the H/U... theres no reason why it should be installed all the way in the back with the amp. if and when you switch the H/U out it'll be a pretty simple swap out.... what they are doing is using the 3sixty like a line out converter... only better because you have sound processing capabilities too. the installer is right in a sense that some simple rewiring might be needed altho I think he's trying to make it sound as if it would be better to just get a H/U now
Not really, if he gets a new deck just wire the deck into the stock plug and poof, done. You can still use the LOC function with aftm. 80W @ 4ohm into each of the inputs on it.

Old 03-20-2008, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by Low_e_Red
Not really, if he gets a new deck just wire the deck into the stock plug and poof, done. You can still use the LOC function with aftm. 80W @ 4ohm into each of the inputs on it.
it can be done either way.. which is cool.. but I'd rather have the pre amp signal tho... you know how crappy some of those H/U amps are

Old 03-20-2008, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by styxnpicks
it can be done either way.. which is cool.. but I'd rather have the pre amp signal tho... you know how crappy some of those H/U amps are
ehh true... But it still can be done... All depends on the deck really.

Quick Reply: Finally decided on an amp... Still need system and install HELP