installed stereo, works but something is wrong, no power???

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
installed stereo, works but something is wrong, no power???

spent the weekend installing two rockford shallow mount 10's, a rockford t500.2 amp, 1/0 wiring, and a db link line out converter.

heres my problem

1) everything technically works, amp has power and i can feel the speakers moving but even at 1/2 -3/4 volume there is NO bass, they are barely moving at all

2) everytime the interior light comes on the subs make noise, even more than when the stereo

i tapped into the LF (org/lt grn and lt blue/wht) and RR (org/red and brwn/pnk) and the lt/grn wire for the remote

my line out convertor has 4 wires for the speakers and two black wires coming out of it but the instructions only show 1 black wire and it says it goes to ground. does that mean ground like chassis ground or ground from the stereo, and what is the second wire for.

it just seems like the signal to the amp isnt strong enough to make any sound

any help

thanks

Old 12-16-2007, 10:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just did a little test by plugging in my mp3 player to the rca's by the head unit and got a metric *** ton of bass.

this leads me to believe the problem is either with the line out converter or i tapped into the wrong wires

can anyone confirm whether or not the wires are correct?

Old 12-16-2007, 11:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds like acouple of possiblities i line taped into front speak , mane sure u have a really good ground,, and ambeiance is set to off, but give more detail with prob

Quick Reply: installed stereo, works but something is wrong, no power???