amp pwr line help

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 05:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
amp pwr line help

Where and how is the best place to run the power cable for an amp under the passenger side rear seat in an 07 screw to the battery. Also where is the best place to install the LOC.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Behind Battery is best...

There is a grommet directly in-line with the inside edge of the battery on the firewall on the passenger side. It's about 7" down and sort of lines up with middle height of the battery. I used this grommet to run my power wire to a new yellow top Optima. I had previously used it for routing my cowel-mounted XM antenna wire. If you search this forum you'll find numerous posts with a lot of photos that show the grommet location and routing of 1/0 power wire. Just make a slit in the grommet and insert the wire. As you face the cowel from the front of the truck, the wire should angle off to the left and comes out above/behind the heater box on the passenger side. Then just pop off the sill plate that runs along the passenger side of the cab to access a large wiring channel...easy as pie. There is another grommet on the drivers side about 1 1/2 ft. down on the side near the transmisssion...I don't like this as well..more wire consumed and you would need to route across the engine bay to get it in.

Quick Reply: amp pwr line help