need help with re-wiring RCA tips on amp lines

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 05:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need help with re-wiring RCA tips on amp lines

I had my head unit stolen and they snipped the tips right off the wires into the unit. I bought some RCA replacement tips so I don't have to buy and re-run all the lines. My problem is I'm not sure which wire goes in which place in the tip. If you're familiar with the inside of the tip, it has one wire going straight to the pin and one wire on the outside of it. I just need to know which one goes where so I can fix this. I have a red and blue set, and one looks like it is two yellow wires going into the other (left/right)

I really want to get this done today but I don't want to fry anything either. I'm going to post this in two places sorry:o

Old 11-22-2007, 12:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Biteyahard
I had my head unit stolen and they snipped the tips right off the wires into the unit. I bought some RCA replacement tips so I don't have to buy and re-run all the lines. My problem is I'm not sure which wire goes in which place in the tip. If you're familiar with the inside of the tip, it has one wire going straight to the pin and one wire on the outside of it. I just need to know which one goes where so I can fix this. I have a red and blue set, and one looks like it is two yellow wires going into the other (left/right)

I really want to get this done today but I don't want to fry anything either. I'm going to post this in two places sorry:o
Get a DMM and set it to continuity. Touch center pin and wire if they beep its right. If not try another wire...

Quick Reply: need help with re-wiring RCA tips on amp lines