Did Something Silly.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 09:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did Something Silly.

Just got these Arc amps in a couple of weeks ago. I had a 4150, 4050, and 2100XXK amps. Well the old upgrade bug hit and I did not like running the IDMAX off the 4150 so I decided to sell the 4150 and 4050 and keep the 2100 for the comps. I get an email today from someone with a pair of 2500XXK's for a great price. I thought I only need one and before I knew it, I sent him the money for both amps. So now I have a pair of 2500XXK amps on the way and still have a 2100. This really is a sickness that never goes away.

Old 09-22-2007, 12:51 AM
Originally Posted by dconder
Just got these Arc amps in a couple of weeks ago. I had a 4150, 4050, and 2100XXK amps. Well the old upgrade bug hit and I did not like running the IDMAX off the 4150 so I decided to sell the 4150 and 4050 and keep the 2100 for the comps. I get an email today from someone with a pair of 2500XXK's for a great price. I thought I only need one and before I knew it, I sent him the money for both amps. So now I have a pair of 2500XXK amps on the way and still have a 2100. This really is a sickness that never goes away.
Tell me about it.

I just got my system up and running and I'm not impressed. I know I can make it sound better, but I've been doing this so long that I can tell even then I'm not gonna like this system. LMAO I want at least another MAG...and I want my H701 back. I think I'd be satisfied then.

I've got a brand new IDQ12, a pair of Arc Audio 12s...not to mention I'm looking at a couple more amps.

Old 09-22-2007, 01:11 AM
you both suck, I'm still trying to build my subbox

Old 09-22-2007, 05:18 AM
This really is a sickness that never goes away.
I just pulled out my 12'' BM with plans to replace it with (4) ID 8''s in a ported box tuned to 40. Planning on glassing the entire bottom and having the subs fire straight back into the rear wall.

You should give the new KAR series amp a try dconder they sound so good that I can dare say that they sound better than the XXK's.

On that note I also pulled out my Rainbow SLC 265's and am going to replace them with the new ID XS series components for front stage and CTX or CS coaxes in the back. Hopefully if a buddy of mine is willing, I want to build enclosures for each speaker and angle them for proper imaging. With a bigger neo magnet I'm expecting great results.

Yikes!
-Ben

Old 09-22-2007, 07:33 AM
Bry...So Kenneth worked out ok for you? It made me a little nervous when I sent him to you and then he was dragging on responding.

byoon...I would love to try those XS comps too. I am not ready to drop another $500 for comps just yet but, I do see them in my future. The new Kar series do look so much better than the original. I almost bought Foose amps this week but, they are pushing being too wide for my install.

Old 09-22-2007, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by dconder
Bry...So Kenneth worked out ok for you? It made me a little nervous when I sent him to you and then he was dragging on responding.

byoon...I would love to try those XS comps too. I am not ready to drop another $500 for comps just yet but, I do see them in my future. The new Kar series do look so much better than the original. I almost bought Foose amps this week but, they are pushing being too wide for my install.
Yeah, he worked out ok. Subs were exactly how he stated. He just didn't ship when he said he would (a day later)...I got nervous.

The comps I want to try are the Alpine SPX-17PROs...the new SPX-17REFs are out and can be had for $200 on Ebay. I thought about those, but my 720s were already on their way.

Old 09-24-2007, 06:17 AM
Originally Posted by brypink2
Yeah, he worked out ok. Subs were exactly how he stated. He just didn't ship when he said he would (a day later)...I got nervous.

The comps I want to try are the Alpine SPX-17PROs...the new SPX-17REFs are out and can be had for $200 on Ebay. I thought about those, but my 720s were already on their way.

For me, once I have hit a certain peak with a great install that sounds awesome to me, then it is so hard to downsize and settle. When I bought this MDX, I really had no plans to pull the factory system. I was just going to add some video. Now look at me

Old 09-24-2007, 10:05 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It never ends

Quick Reply: Did Something Silly.