How to wire in an amp to sub output on Audiophile CD changer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 06:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to wire in an amp to sub output on Audiophile CD changer?

I have an 05 F150 XLT that I swapped in an Audiophile 6 disc mp3 changer into. My truck doesnt have the subwoofer wiring like trucks that came with Audiophile systems have.

So i want to add an aftermarket amp and sub and keep the head unit. I want to wire the amp signal into the sub output on the head unit. Is this possible? Has anyone done this? Anyone been able to get the pigtail harness that would plug into the back of the HU?

Or another answer that could help me is, for anyone who's added an Audiophile sub into truck that didnt come with one, how did you do it?

Thanks!

Old 12-16-2006, 04:41 PM
I just did what you are trying to do actually (only I have the 2007 nav system). The plug should be the same though. There is a L and R signal from the sub harness that you can tap into and run lines to your amp and sub. There is also a 5V+ remote turn on for the amp, but I found it didn't work with my JBL amp as well, so I tapped into the factory radio's accessory turn-on 12V+ for the remote turn on for the amp. Note you may have the sub harness in your truck even if you didn't have an audiophile system to begin with. I found it in my XLT, plugged into a dummy plug off to the driver's side. However, I couldn't figure out where the wires on the harness end up, so I ended up cutting the wires about 6" from the harness and simply running my own wires. Check out my gallery for helpful pictures.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=8787

Old 12-16-2006, 05:38 PM
did you find you had more low level signal power when tapping in right at the HU, versus back under the rear seat? i am tapped into the rear harness at the seat, and i have to turn my brand new 500w mono amp up all the way on input and bassboost gains just to hear some thumping..

i'm waiting for a new adapter to get new RCA plugs out the back of the 2007 Nav H/U

Quick Reply: How to wire in an amp to sub output on Audiophile CD changer?