Planning

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 09:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Planning

Am installing new head unit this weekend and am planning on installing new speakers and amps soon but was wondering where most of you are mounting them at. I dont really want to take up space under the back seat as I do carry stuff sometimes. Nav unit is going under the drivers seat so that leaves the pass seat empty. I read some where that some were puttin amps behing the rear seat back but is there enough air movement to keep them cool there? Thanks, just wanting to plan ahead.

Old 06-13-2006, 10:55 PM
many decide to put them behind the backrest for security purposes, a thief would take forever trying to get that backrest out of there, if you have a supercab and the amp isnt huge then you can even put it in the door pocket and just run your cables thru the rubber boot.

Old 06-13-2006, 11:12 PM
I have 3 amps behind my rear seat, and only once did I have the amp for my subs get hot enough to shut down. It was like 90 some degrees outside and I was pushing it pretty hard. My other two amps have never had a problem.

Old 06-14-2006, 07:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ive put both my amps in the jack stowage compartment behind the back seats, one on the drivers side, and one on the passenger side. my amps have never overheated in the 9 months theyve been back thier, and their both powerful amps, a 520w and a 1200w. the longest drive ive ever had with the amps is 4 hours and they never overheated in those 4 hours. they were both sealed off in the compartment with no fan or nothing.

Quick Reply: Planning