AMP Power Cable Routing?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 05:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question AMP Power Cable Routing?????

I have looked at a bunch of posts that talked about routing the power cable from the battery to the amp. I just tried on both the passenger and driver's side to go thru any rubber grommet that was in the firewall. The only one that I can see to go thru, and have also tried to go thru, is the steering column. Where in the world can I go thru the firewall so that I may one day, hopefully soon get my amp fired up? Also what are your guy's best way to secure the amp to the floor under the driver's seat? I know that some of you will be pissed to see this post again, but nothing is working for me, that I have read. Also if this helps any, I have a 2002 F-150 XLT.

Last edited by hennjj; 10-27-2003 at 10:57 AM.
Old 10-25-2003, 09:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

There is a big grommet near the steering column.

Pull it out (from the engine side of the firewall) and use a sharp drill bit to drill a hole through it that is a tad smaller than your power cable.

Slide the cable through the grommet (a little soap works wonders for squeezing the cable through the grommet) and slide it onto the wire far enough to give yourself some slack to work with.

Push the cable into the firewall. From inside the cab you will see the sound proofing material on the firewall has a factory cutout that will fold down to let you pull the cable into the cab.

By the way, if you think you might be running more cables through that grommet someday (gauges, remote power accessories, etc.) now is the time to drill a few more holes in it. That will make future installs much less of a hassle. Simply screw a short sheet metal screw into any unused holes to plug them until you need to use them.

As far as mounting the amp, I'd get some aluminum from Home Depot and make a bracket that reaches from one seat rail to the other. Bend it to shape, screw it to the seat rail and mount your amp to that. Cheap, easy to work with, and no holes in your floorpan.

Last edited by B-Man; 10-27-2003 at 08:50 PM.
Old 10-28-2003, 11:09 AM
Thanks sweet wasn't to bad at all.

Old 10-28-2003, 11:12 AM
I just have my amp and Sirius receiver sitting. Put the hook side of velcro on the back, and they haven't gone anywhere... It doesn't really catch, but helps keep them from sliding...

Quick Reply: AMP Power Cable Routing?????