Amp Placement

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2003, 10:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amp Placement

Does anyone know what type and size tool I need to take the driver's seat out? I take it that all I need to do is take out the 4 star or allen screws/bolts, and then unclick the wire harness, if it unclips? Also what is the best way to attach the amp under the driver's seat. I am looking for a way so I don't have to attach it by screwing or bolting thru the cab floor. Is there really any other way?

Last edited by hennjj; 11-02-2003 at 11:04 AM.
Old 10-29-2003, 10:31 PM
Re: Amp Placement

Originally posted by hennjj
Does anyone know what type and size tool I need to take the driver's seat out? I take it that all I need to do is take out the 4 star or allen screws/bolts, and then unclick the wire harness, if it unclips? Also what is the best way to attach the amp under the driver's seat. I am looking for a way so I don't have to attach it by screwing or bolting thru the cab floor. Is there really any other way?
Dunno about taking the seat about, but for the amp, how about velcro'ing to the carpet under the seat ???

Old 10-29-2003, 11:26 PM
would that actually work? Would the heat from the amp make the glue from the velcro run or get all goey on the amp itself?

Old 10-30-2003, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by hennjj
would that actually work? Would the heat from the amp make the glue from the velcro run or get all goey on the amp itself?
A decent amp shouldn't get all that hot. Plus it's not like you'd be putting the velcro directly on the heatsinks. What other option is there? Hot glue?

Old 10-30-2003, 04:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool

Seat bolts will require a Torx bit, T55 size.

As far as the amp mounting, this is from a posting I did in answer to a question from you not too long ago...

Originally posted by B-Man
...<Snip>As far as mounting the amp, I'd get some aluminum from Home Depot and make a bracket that reaches from one seat rail to the other. Bend it to shape, screw it to the seat rail and mount your amp to that. Cheap, easy to work with, and no holes in your floorpan...<Snip>

Old 11-01-2003, 04:54 PM
I put mine under the back seat (extended cab). Works pretty good, no over-heating problem. The pisser is getting the back seat(s) out.

Quick Reply: Amp Placement