Bad RCA Jack

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 10:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad RCA Jack

One of my rear speakers on my system wasn't working and I troubleshot it down to a bad jack on a RCA cabel that goes from my head unit to my Alpine flex-4 amp that is mounted on the rear of the cab. I have a regular cab. Anyways that was fun replacing both lines, heh. Remove seat. Take up carpet. Pull off radio fascia and pull out head unit. Hookup and then reverse for re-installation.

My bench seat got steam cleaned with my Bissel and under the seat really needed cleaning. Looks new again!

Old 03-11-2003, 08:32 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear about that trouble. Next time, you could try replacing just the RCA jack with another one instead of puling up the whole wire.

Old 03-11-2003, 10:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ActuallyI tried to splice a new jack on and it quit working altogether so then I went and got the new wires. To make a long story short, my truck cab had some body work done a couple years ago and they had to remove the system and they were pretty rough on my stuff.

The wiring problem was also acting like it might be in the wire. If you wiggled the wire the speaker would pop on and off. It was hard to isolate the exact problem area in the wire.

Oh well it's done. PITA job but I learned a lot taking things apart and got my truck cleaned up to boot.

Quick Reply: Bad RCA Jack