edge help help troyer or anyone

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 09:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question edge help help troyer or anyone

i have a f150 with 4.56 gears for 35 inch tires, flowmaster 40 series muffler only, and an afe intake, i just got and edge programmer, and its great, but i used custom programming and when i shift from first to second gear floored (automatic trans by the way) and it does a weird shift delay, but when i just program my truck no custom my own way, its not as fast, but the shifts are fine, do you think maybe you could help me custom tune my truck because, i dont know the best rpm shift points, best trans firm shifts % or timing adjustment or fuel % rating on the programmer, so if you could just give my the best settings for my truck if you could, because the regular program was great, but custom was faster but the shift delay thing bothered me. And also on custom my truck didnt burn out, but with regular tuning it did. so if u could help that would be great.

Old 01-03-2007, 09:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it sounds to me like the "shift delay" is goin to be the 1-2 shift RPM is too close to the REV limiter in your custom tune. Always set your shift points 150RPM LESS than you have your REV limiter set to. So the PCM doesn't get confused cause it doesn't know whether or not to retard timing cause of the REV limiter or to shift to the next gear cause of the shift point. that is why it is hestating more than likely.

Old 01-10-2007, 02:53 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, I'm not really sure I properly understand what you are saying, however, to try to get you some quick basic help, and I'm just guessing here admittedly...............

It sounds like the other poster mentioned, in that you may simply have the shift points too close to the rev limiter, and simply need to either lower the shift points a bit, or raise the rev limiter - whatever you do, do NOT set the rev limiter any higher than 5800 rpm, or the WOT 1-2 above 5400, o the WOT 2-3 above 5300, as you will only slow the truck down.

Without a better understanding of what is going on, that's about the best advice I can give you "off the cuff," so to speak.

There is no way to just tell you "the best settings" for things like spark or fuel on that device, as that is not the same for all vehicles, it varies quite a bit from one vehicle to the next, depending on what the A/F ratios are and a lot of other detailed info that requires datalogging to identify properly - proper tuning is not accomplished by just pressing a couple of buttons.
In short, it's a matter of how your individual vehicle is set up, how much it's air intake has leaned out the engine, and some other things, as I said.

Last - to answer your other question, would you be better off with our Troyer Performance custom tuning? Yes, of course - we're going to gain more power and you would not have issues like that. If you want to explore that, please just give us a call at our number below & we'll be happy to help.

Otherwise, I hope this brief info helps & best of luck with your truck!

Quick Reply: edge help help troyer or anyone