2015 - 2020 F-150

Looking at a 2018 but scared of all the new tech...

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2017, 09:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Different take. I travel for a living and do my best to try every different vehicle out there. My original plan for replacing my 2001 screw was a full custom build on an older truck chassis, but the newer vehicles are getting so good that I have abandoned the plan. Every year the new model features get better and easier to use. From hands free phone to backup cameras, the system are all getting better and more user friendly. All of the new drivelines have more and better quality power.

I used to really dislike the tech when renting but now I'm holding onto my 01 until it drops and will buy the latest and greatest when the time comes. All of the trucks are so good my final decision will be based more on tech features than driveline stats.

My suggestion: Go ahead and rent a somewhat loaded Silverado and F150 each for a week, then decide if you still want an older truck.

Old 09-29-2017, 09:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another thought.. If you want something new but basic try to find a left over 2016 super duty 6.2 gas XLT or XL.

Very basic, no display screens in the interior, etc.

Its what I prefer to drive most days. I can get in the 14s maybe 15mpg on the highway driving normal on a trip. I hope this truck lasts me forever, the end of an era in basic vehicles. I am considering barning it at around 150k miles just so I have it as a spare truck.