2015 - 2020 F-150

2016 Ziebart Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2016, 10:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Daniel Gagner
Commercially you have to have it done each year. I've been to the car wash 4 times this winter to wash off the salt using the undercarriage sprayer. It's pretty high pressure I think. Sounds it anyway. The Krown undercoat is still on. I'm do to have it done again in the fall.
Only 4 times?

I go every time right after its driven on salty roads. I use the manual car wash bays and spray out every inch of the undercarriage. My girlfriend actually got me a $150.00 gift card to the car wash in late December. It has $15 on it now.

Old 03-27-2016, 11:45 AM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by 2008_XL
Only 4 times?

I go every time right after its driven on salty roads. I use the manual car wash bays and spray out every inch of the undercarriage. My girlfriend actually got me a $150.00 gift card to the car wash in late December. It has $15 on it now.
See that's what I suspected. I'm not being a jerk by this, so please don't take it that way. But you are doing far more than most anyone would ever do. I think the condition on my truck and others clearly show we go far above and beyond what most people would ever do. Hell my truck is way cleaner than most newer vehicles. If you wash that frequently, of course it won't stay on. That's kind of what I had suspected. A rinse here and there during the salt season and then thoroughly cleaning it out when you get nice days. I see why you'd need a more durable product. I found the fluid film stays on doing it they way I do. And then recoat in the spring or fall.

Old 03-27-2016, 03:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
See that's what I suspected. I'm not being a jerk by this, so please don't take it that way. But you are doing far more than most anyone would ever do. I think the condition on my truck and others clearly show we go far above and beyond what most people would ever do. Hell my truck is way cleaner than most newer vehicles. If you wash that frequently, of course it won't stay on. That's kind of what I had suspected. A rinse here and there during the salt season and then thoroughly cleaning it out when you get nice days. I see why you'd need a more durable product. I found the fluid film stays on doing it they way I do. And then recoat in the spring or fall.
I agree and definitely take no offense. I guess my logic is to wash off the salt right away. You're right, for the average person who doesn't wash as much, the protection will help.

Old 04-14-2016, 01:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had the Krown Treatment

Hi All,
Took the truck to Krown Stateline Rustproofing in Monroe, Michigan and had them do the oil treatment. I did allow them to drill the holes to reach areas that were not accessible. They offered to not drill but would not be able to reach some door points and body pockets, also would not be able to issue warrantee. They removed the taillights to access the sides of the bed.

The oil definitely seeps into the cracks and crevices, they were not stingy so it did drip for a few days. They sprayed the undercarriage. This was a couple of weeks ago and the oil is still visible but has settled down. This will have to be done once a year. I bought a couple of spray cans to touch up if I see anyplace that looks questionable.

Quick Reply: 2016 Ziebart Question