2015 - 2020 F-150

P04db code help???

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2020, 06:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by James Nelson
My challenge is that Ford says this does not fit my 2020 3.5L.
I'm not sure what, if anything, changed over the last few years. But you should be able to find a parts diagram somewhere online

Old 04-21-2021, 09:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P04db

Originally Posted by Franco Tiseo
Oh wow that sucks. That tube definitely makes a world of a difference. It limits the extra air that's coming in to the air intake that you don't need therefore doesn't throw a code. I was going to get those trail grapplers m/t. I heard they hum a lot is that true?
I purchased whipple intake and in that kit came with the aluminum tube I’m still getting that code

Old 09-17-2021, 12:14 PM
I really hate to be the one to open this thread back up again but has anyone found a clear-cut fix for this issue besides going back to complete stock?

I have a 2015 F150 Platinum 3.5 with an Injen CAI, McNally Catch Can, and throttle body spacer. The CAI has been installed for 2-1/2 yrs without ever having the CEL come on but once I installed the McNally Catch Can the CEL came on about a week or two after I installed it. I called McNally and they said to clean the sensor off with brake clean which I did and I actually ended up just changing out the sensor and deleted the CEL and all was fine for about two weeks and then out of the blue, the CEL came back on. I had actually thought about buying the UPR one and installing it because from what I've read they fixed the CEL problem but I really don't feel like putting that much more into a catch can when I have a perfectly good one now other than the damn CEL.

It was going to the dealership yesterday for another reason and I asked them to look into the CEL. Of course, I knew what the answer was going to be but I figured I would humor myself and ask regardless. So they called me yesterday with what they found and said that every accessory should be switched back to stock and the CEL would go away. I, of course, am not going to revert back to stock because frankly I just do not want to and I like the add-ons that I have done so far. I know many, many people have had this issue and for godsakes, there has to be some sort of a fix other than going back to stock. I wouldn't care because it doesn't really affect the driveability but unfortunately, living in the county I do in PA I need both emissions and full inspection so I know even if I turn the CEL off before I take it for the annual inspection that it won't pass because it will still show up on the mechanic's end.

So I was just wondering if anyone had found any sort of fix other than back to stock?

Old 12-25-2021, 10:18 PM
Fixed it yet?

Originally Posted by Tim Adams
I am having the same issue with my 2015 3.5, I have the Injen intake and MBRP exhaust kit on it and had no issues. I recently installed the URP catch can kit and now I have the code. It returns every second start up cycle, I also reset the live memory on the truck and so it would hopefully relearn the system but that didnt work. I swapped out the sensor in the kit for the factory one and that didn't work as well. Not sure what to do next.

Did you ever find a fix for it. I have 2017 raptor and soon as I got the truck I installed the UPR catch can the big one. That's like $400 anyways everything was fine up until recently I erase the code and it comes back. It was fine for about 4-5 months and now it comes back every 2-3 key cycles. I was ready it could be a sensor on one the PCV connections. But I'm not sure if it could be that. I already took it to the dealer and they're blaming my catch can.

Old 12-25-2021, 10:55 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
Did you install the updated sensor from UPR? If not the dealer is correct. Look at posts #3 and #5.

Quick Reply: P04db code help???