2015 - 2020 F-150

2015 F-150 Platinum, Leather Interior

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2016, 12:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 F-150 Platinum, Leather Interior

I traded in a 2013 with the pecan leather which I really loved, the 2015 I ordered to get exactly what I wanted 3.73 gears, duel panel moon roof. I knew the seats and the leather would be different, I got it with black leather anyway after about a month with little over 1000 miles the driver seat was showing wear like it was 10 years old and the hand rest on the door panel that I never put my hand on, it looked like one edge of it was wearing out, color was faded. I took it back to Ford and they changed the whole door panel and also changed the leather seat cover. I have over 5000 miles now and this leather is doing the same thing. Very disappointed with the quality of the leather in these new ones, the money that these trucks cost you would think the quality would be better and it may be in the Lariat and King Ranch but the Platinum has a problem and Ford knows it. I will also add that I've been a Ford guy all my life and I have a 2002 Lightning that I would not take for but these new ones I just don't know anymore.

Old 01-11-2016, 11:57 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by niecejlee
I traded in a 2013 with the pecan leather which I really loved, the 2015 I ordered to get exactly what I wanted 3.73 gears, duel panel moon roof. I knew the seats and the leather would be different, I got it with black leather anyway after about a month with little over 1000 miles the driver seat was showing wear like it was 10 years old and the hand rest on the door panel that I never put my hand on, it looked like one edge of it was wearing out, color was faded. I took it back to Ford and they changed the whole door panel and also changed the leather seat cover. I have over 5000 miles now and this leather is doing the same thing. Very disappointed with the quality of the leather in these new ones, the money that these trucks cost you would think the quality would be better and it may be in the Lariat and King Ranch but the Platinum has a problem and Ford knows it. I will also add that I've been a Ford guy all my life and I have a 2002 Lightning that I would not take for but these new ones I just don't know anymore.
Hi niecejlee,

Thank you for your loyalty to Ford! I want to bring these leather issues to the attention of your regional customer service manager so they can work on getting them resolved. To get the ball rolling, PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership. Leave the rest to me.

Crystal

Old 01-16-2016, 08:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Granted I've only had mine a few weeks, but the truck had been sitting on the lot since March at the latest and it still looks good inside. I have about 1800 miles on it, but figuring all of the butt time the seats have seen since March, the interior still looks new. Mine is a Lariat, so you might be correct that the leather in your truck is different.

Good luck, I'm sure it will get figured out quickly.

Quick Reply: 2015 F-150 Platinum, Leather Interior