2015 - 2020 F-150

2015 Shipping Wait Time

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2015, 02:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Shipping Wait Time

Can anyone shed light on why it takes soooooooooooo.... long to get your new truck shipped out after it has been produced???

Old 05-08-2015, 03:09 PM
I watched truck never ships, everyone knows that!

Old 05-08-2015, 04:04 PM
Crystal (FordService) can probably explain the but the best reason I heard was this:

1. Trucks on the production line are scheduled for optimum efficiency on parts availability and tooling in the factory, in addition to being stack ranked for when the orders came in. There's some regional order batching, but it's not guaranteed to line up with the more important priorities for how the line is setup for a given series of shifts.

2. Part shortages happen. Especially in the Aluminum chain, there may be a change to a product, a recall, or just plain not enough.

3. Trucks off the production line go all over the world. If other trucks waiting to go on the transport to your region are at the back of the line, you may see a delay while you wait for those trucks are ready to load up. Your truck may be holding up shipment. Add to this inspection time, backlog in the testing process, someone in a key position gets sick (slowing down SLAs), holidays, etc.

...Your region may also have a major port to which trucks are getting shipped in addition to your local dealership. I think that can hurt and help you, depending on luck. Just trying to find a transport might cause delays or being on a transport that is waiting for international orders....

...fewer trucks can be put on a transport than cars, so you're competing for space there too.

Old 05-11-2015, 11:03 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FlyingSquirrel
Crystal (FordService) can probably explain the but the best reason I heard was this:

1. Trucks on the production line are scheduled for optimum efficiency on parts availability and tooling in the factory, in addition to being stack ranked for when the orders came in. There's some regional order batching, but it's not guaranteed to line up with the more important priorities for how the line is setup for a given series of shifts.

2. Part shortages happen. Especially in the Aluminum chain, there may be a change to a product, a recall, or just plain not enough.

3. Trucks off the production line go all over the world. If other trucks waiting to go on the transport to your region are at the back of the line, you may see a delay while you wait for those trucks are ready to load up. Your truck may be holding up shipment. Add to this inspection time, backlog in the testing process, someone in a key position gets sick (slowing down SLAs), holidays, etc.

...Your region may also have a major port to which trucks are getting shipped in addition to your local dealership. I think that can hurt and help you, depending on luck. Just trying to find a transport might cause delays or being on a transport that is waiting for international orders....

...fewer trucks can be put on a transport than cars, so you're competing for space there too.
You're right on target, FlyingSquirrel! The only thing I'd add in there are shipping delays that we occasionally see due to inclement weather. Dealerships will usually have the most information when it comes to delays, so it's always wise to stay in close contact with your sales rep.

Crystal

Old 05-11-2015, 11:18 AM
Originally Posted by FordService
You're right on target, FlyingSquirrel! The only thing I'd add in there are shipping delays that we occasionally see due to inclement weather. Dealerships will usually have the most information when it comes to delays, so it's always wise to stay in close contact with your sales rep.

Crystal
FYI Dealerships are sadly misinformed. They didn't even know about Cotus and couldn't tell me anything. I'm sending THEM updates, thanks to you

Quick Reply: 2015 Shipping Wait Time