2015 - 2020 F-150

2015 F-150 Lariat Remote Start Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2014, 04:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 F-150 Lariat Remote Start Question

Hey all,

Three questions which the dealer is unable (or unwilling to research) to answer:

1.) How do you disable the chirp during remote start process?
2.) How do you disable the two chirps when exiting a running vehicle with the keys on you and a push-button start? (sometimes I just need to run into the quick mart and the two horn blasts are embarrassing)
3.) How do you lengthen the time in which the remote start will run before shutting off?

Thanks in advance.

-Ken

Old 12-25-2014, 07:46 AM
Not sure about #1 or #3, they should be in the owners manual. But for #2, with pushbutton start, you should be able to lock the truck for a quick dash into a store with the truck running (maybe you're leaving your pet inside), by taking the remote fob with you and using the keypad to lock the doors by pushing the right two buttons simultaneously. If you have a key/fob combo, you'd have to leave it in the ignition switch. If Ford didn't change things, that's the way it has worked for years.

Old 12-25-2014, 10:15 AM
GGG,

Thanks for the info. I will try that later today after the kids are done opening presents (mine is in the driveway, heh, all 52K of it...and I used to scoff at the Lexus car with a bow advertisments, lol!).

I pulled the owner's manual up online and as you said, there is some good information there regarding #1/#3. I will post if I was unable to figure it out from there. I should have known to start there. I read that solution online in older models, but was thick enough not to apply it here. With a nearly 5' doll house to build, my mind was fried.

Thanks for the quick response.

Old 12-25-2014, 03:28 PM
Ok, so #1/#3 were simple fixes. They are addressed through the "advanced" settings menu. Unfortunately, I cannot figure out how (or if) the two horn chirps are disabled when you step from the truck if it is running.

I tried your option of stepping from the truck and pressing the buttons but no sooner do I get my feet on the ground and slide the rear out of the seat, it honks. The one time I did it quick enough without the chirp, activating the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons did not work. On the 2015, the key pad is on the margin left of the window, so it will be the bottom two keys which translate to your description.

Any other guesses? I don't really want to disable the horn or install an activation button. It was my hope there was an option to disable the chirp only or put the truck into silent mode. 8/

Old 12-25-2014, 04:55 PM
Sorry the newest Ford vehicle anyone in our family owns is a 2013 (pushbutton start) model; and method #2 works on it. On edit: I also checked with another relative who has a 2014 and he said that he could lock the vehicle with the key in the switch using the keypad, but the new "touch" keypad didn't always work for him at first. He says it works all the time for him now, so maybe you just need to keep trying to lock yours using the keypad

Last edited by GoingGoingGone; 12-27-2014 at 08:06 AM.

Quick Reply: 2015 F-150 Lariat Remote Start Question