Go Back  F150online Forums > F-Series Trucks > 2015 - 2019 F-150
12v power tap under the dash? >

12v power tap under the dash?

2015 - 2019 F-150

Old 04-16-2019, 10:12 PM

Hi all,
I just picked up my 2019 Platinum last week and I want to get it ready for towing the camper this summer. I use a rear view camera on the back the trailer that sends the image (via bluetooth) to a GPS-sized screen on the windshield. Of course that screen needs power and I hate the idea of extra wires being draped across the dash. On my 2012 truck, I ran a wire to the 12v accessory port (cigarette lighter) on the dash. I would prefer finding a wire under the dash (or in the ceiling) which I can use for 12v power and is switched so that the monitor will turn on and off with the truck. Does anybody have any suggestions?

On another note, I really wish there was an easy way to send the video from that trailer camera to the 8" screen in the dash...

Old 04-17-2019, 02:33 PM
Global Moderator &
It the camera in the trailer uses a bluetooth transmitter, can't you "pair" it with the head unit in the dash? I don't really know if this is possible, but have you investigated this possibility?

- Jack

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 12v power tap under the dash?

Sponsors

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: