2015 - 2020 F-150

Its Release Day.. First few videos that has been released

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2014, 03:02 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow. I love the headlights and new LED taillights. I want one!

Old 01-13-2014, 05:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rambo
Boost guage?

I'm guessing this was from some kind of demo-vehicle or demo of the interior as all of the gauges are reading right in the middle (except Tach and Speedo). I would not take this to imply 31mpg or a 1100+ vehicle range on a single tank.

Old 01-13-2014, 05:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BigZAJ
I'm guessing this was from some kind of demo-vehicle or demo of the interior as all of the gauges are reading right in the middle (except Tach and Speedo). I would not take this to imply 31mpg or a 1100+ vehicle range on a single tank.
Agreed! Notice, it has 1,234.5 miles!

Old 01-13-2014, 06:49 PM
The tailgate step is in a much better position now and the "stripper pole" is hidden away inside the tailgate so it won't affect loading or unloading.

Ohhh I do like that better....

Pretty much all expected.

- LED's are optional. Like the HID's are today.
- I like the power tailgate, that is cool and useful, until the first time that you hit the button and it lowers into your fence. Also the fact the camera tailgates are already stolen, I cant image what these would cost.
- Bed lighting is finally nice.
- Bigger sunroof is nice.
- Body work (shutters, aluminium) has been leaked for months. Good to save weight and fuel.
- The 3.5 Ecoboost is going to be slightly different but towards economy instead of power.
- Front and side I like, does need agressive tires like the Atlas though.
- Rear looks terrible but that is also in Platinum trim which is nasty as it is.
- 8" interior screen looks good actually.
- Same with the 360 cameras but with how dirty my rear camera gets, I cant imagine you'd ever be able to see out of the front or side ones when you want it (snow mud).

Overall glad I got mine. Will be a nice upgrade in 4 or 5 years once they do that upgrade. Was really hoping for a surprise diesel though.

Old 01-13-2014, 07:16 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Old 01-13-2014, 08:38 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The colors that will be available

Name:  2015-f150-colors_zps94aa74da.png
Views: 62
Size:  23.6 KB

Old 01-13-2014, 09:25 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by the_cosworth
. . . Same with the 360 cameras but with how dirty my rear camera gets, I cant imagine you'd ever be able to see out of the front or side ones when you want it (snow mud). . .
A little dab of rain-X or auto wax keeps that rear camera lens clean and clear. Just FYI.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by Wookie
I do like that cluster. I think something is wrong with the numbers on the gauges though. It shows the engine off but the boost gauge is about half way up and it starts at 0 kPa (more on that later). There's no way to have boost pressure at 0 RPM.

Secondly about that boost gauge. Why does it not show vacuum like it should and more importantly why kPa?!? The rest of the numbers are in English units why make one gauge use that ******** metric system? Furthermore, most metric cars show boost pressure in Bars not kPa. It looks like they took the easy way out and ran a feed from the ECM to the cluster but didn't change the units to the commonly used convention. Doing something halfassed is one of my biggest pet peeves and that's exactly what that gauge is.
I think that might be a default pic. at the bottom it says press ok to configure.

Old 01-13-2014, 10:12 PM
The thing I hate the most about new model trucks is, they make mine look old.

I think this is a good move by Ford. I like it. It does have some Ram and some Tundra looks, but hell, all vehicles are looking similar these days.

I'm tempted to get obsessed with this new truck and then go get one when they hit the dealerships. Thing is, I've reached the point where I realize that I'm getting older, and all the money that I've spent on trucks would have looked better in a retirement account. It's time to hang on to a truck for a while and think about what the hell I'm going to do when I get old.

Maybe I'll see if these new trucks can actually work. I'm going to be looking for a new company truck soon.

Old 01-14-2014, 03:37 AM
Good eye.
If you live in Wisconsin, that was the FIRST thing you would of noticed. Wish they would show other cab configurations. Sick of quad cab, baby beds being the only thing shown on TV, magazine covers, etc.

I personally like the looks, but the 700 LB weight savings is by far the biggest news. If GVWR is the same, payloads will be amazing. My supercab with 7350 GVWR would have a payload of 2400 LB if you shed 700 LBs of the truck!

Old 01-17-2014, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by fordmantpw
Notice the snow plow on the TFLTruck video. Looks like that capability will be returning.

This truck is awesome!
Good eye.
Originally Posted by risupercrewman
I'll wait until that is a fact 1st.
3. It’s Ready to Plow . . . Snow

The outgoing F-150 came with electric power steering in every model save those that came with the now-discontinued 6.2-liter V-8 engine. It turns out, this wasn’t the ideal setup for guys intent on using their F-150 for plowing snow. Ford actually issued a technical service bulletin for 2011-and-up F-150s with electric power steering that warns against using those models with plows. Essentially, since the EPAS setup already draws a lot of electrical power, adding a plow and requisite electric pump for its hydraulic knickknacks could overload the system and result in a degradation in charging system performance (i.e., electrical stuff will stop working). For 2015, Ford’s come up with a new Plow Prep package for F-150s (with EPAS) equipped with the 5.0-liter V-8. The automaker hasn’t fully detailed the kit yet, but says it will allow owners to fit a plow and not worry about their electrical system sneezing.

From: 10 Things You Didn’t Know About the 2015 Ford F-150
http://blog.caranddriver.com/10-thin...15-ford-f-150/

Old 01-17-2014, 10:45 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm thinking the new LED headlights and marker lights freed up enough power to allow for the snow plow prep package. A halogen or incandescent light bulb requires a ton of electrical power. An LED is a lot more efficient and would allow for more power to be used for external items.

Old 01-18-2014, 08:36 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Wookie
I'm thinking the new LED headlights and marker lights freed up enough power to allow for the snow plow prep package. A halogen or incandescent light bulb requires a ton of electrical power. An LED is a lot more efficient and would allow for more power to be used for external items.
Either that, or they simply used a larger capacity alternator (and possibly battery to match). Or even a pulley change on the existing already larger (due to EPAS) alternator. Or both, lol.

BTW - if using available aftermarket replacements offering equivalent DOT output levels as a guide, only about 70-80 watts were saved going LED for heads and tails. Call it an even 100 watts. That's around 8.3 amps. Hell - call it 10 amps. Not all that much. So - I'm going to guess it's a system capability upgrade that's responsible. Just a guess mind you.

BTW - what does a typical electric hydraulic pump (or pumps) draw on a 1/2-ton sized plow? Oh - And add 100w back on fer those cheesy rectangular lights on the plow in the pic

MGD

Last edited by MGDfan; 01-18-2014 at 09:03 AM.
Old 01-18-2014, 12:47 PM
In the one video they show a auxiliary power outlet on the dash with a apple computer plugged! Are they going away from Sony? Also noticed on the 2014 kicker is an option for rear sub in xlt trim and up other than regular cab options.

Old 01-19-2014, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by SoonerTruck
A little dab of rain-X or auto wax keeps that rear camera lens clean and clear. Just FYI.
Will give it a try.

Quick Reply: Its Release Day.. First few videos that has been released