Seat belt fires? - F150online Forums

Notices
2015 - 2018 F-150

Seat belt fires?

Old 08-09-2018, 06:12 PM
F150 Town Crier
Seat belt fires?

I seriously had to read the headline on this post a couple of times... But it sounds like the pre-tensioners are short circuiting or something? Anyone heard about this?

Old 08-10-2018, 07:47 AM
Technical Article Contributor
I read this on my Google feed a few hours before.

Yes it is scary and annoying that these manufacturers can't make things right the first time.

Old 08-10-2018, 08:38 PM
F150 Town Crier
Sounds like it's a supplier issue, but still, Ford should have been on top of it...

Old 08-10-2018, 10:19 PM
Well, it's like with anything... the manufacturer (in this case Ford) that uses the product from the supplier will just "trust" their specs and testing.

I see it everyday where I work.

I don't know how many times I question something and my superiors always come back and tell me, "It's not your job to critique our supplier's product design." So I don't say anything no more, using the "innocent bystander effect" because I don't want to get involved. Just the way the world works... I blame this on the new generation of "kids" entering the workforce.

Ya know, people die because of this... but wait, it's not my job to point out a dangerous flaw. Oh well...

Old 08-10-2018, 11:08 PM
I read that Takata...yes, the faulty airbags Takata, is the maker of the part potentially causing the problem...

Old 08-11-2018, 03:41 PM
Yup, good old Takata for ya...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Seat belt fires?

Sponsors

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: