2009 - 2014 F-150

Broken red clip

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2020, 08:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Broken red clip

It's time to change my spark plugs on my 2010. I opened the hood and every red clip is broken off on the coil harness wires. But everyone's issue I see is that the connector slides right off and they zip tie when the red clip is broken. My issue is I cannot take it off. I'm thinking if I can slide something from the under side to lift up whatever is locking the connector to the coil it should let me slide it off. Yet I'm having 0 luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 01-18-2020, 09:11 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
The trick is to push on it while using a small, small screw driver to act as the clip release. So basically push, get the screw driver situated, then pull. There's a gasket in there to keep moisture out, so you'll always have positive pressure from the gasket being there.

It takes a little bit of finesse...

Old 01-18-2020, 09:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ManualF150
The trick is to push on it while using a small, small screw driver to act as the clip release. So basically push, get the screw driver situated, then pull. There's a gasket in there to keep moisture out, so you'll always have positive pressure from the gasket being there.

It takes a little bit of finesse...
I didn't try pushing in a bit first. I will try that. Thank you very much.

Quick Reply: Broken red clip