2009 - 2014 F-150

crank and no start fuel issues HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2019, 11:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crank and no start fuel issues HELP!!!!

Ok so my 2014 f150 xlt died on me the other day so I towed it home to find out the fuel pump wasn't coming on so I took it out and tested it. It came on hooked straight to the battery. So I checked the the plug to the pump and its giving 11.4 volts. I've checked all the fuses and relays are all fine. Now a couple weeks back I used a gas can to fill my truck and I broke one of the tabs on the no cap gas filler thing. My dash gave me a warning check filler inlet but no codes. Can someone explain if that has cap is the problem?. I've changed the fuel pump.

Old 12-13-2019, 03:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Excellent 1997-2004 F150 No start INFO and links

I: checked battery thoroughly, had previously replaced (for other issues) (battery 2 years ago) firewall solenoid/relay, plastic ignition switch above gas pedal, fuel pump (3 months ago, it was 17 years old & definitely was bad) Besides: Checking Battery condition (charge 12.4 or more, age--load test results) and connection quality FIRST, THEN check for fuel pump noise (initial buzz sound)/ fuel flow (rail schrader), play in ignition cylinder and/or shifter (automatic transmission), crank position sensor conditon ......MY PROBLEM was the 2 torx screws for the shifter (2nd youtube link below, 1st link is a good fuse location video) Check these links (paste the address into your address line if links don't automatically take you there or hilight individual link right click and select "open link in new tab" OR just search on Youtube:

https://troubleshootmyvehicle.com/fo...ition-sensor-1

Old 12-13-2019, 03:54 PM
glc
Received 767 Likes on 709 Posts
All that info you just posted doesn't really apply to a 2014.

Old 12-14-2019, 01:24 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Simular, this was on my 2013, btw the fuse looked good but crumbled when I took it out. Hope it helps
Cranks GREAT just won't stop cranking

Old 01-24-2020, 12:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here is a link to the fuse kit to fix the fuse issue if that is what you have like jgger. Pull the fuel pump fuse dont just look at it from the top my guess is it will crumple or be melted i have seen alot of these in the shop. Crappy design but they came out with a simple and robust fix for it.
https://www.bigdealford.com/oem-part...nal-el3z14293a

Quick Reply: crank and no start fuel issues HELP!!!!