2009 - 2014 F-150

Brakes lights staying on

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2019, 10:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brakes lights staying on

I have a 2010 F-150, brakes lights are staying on, I replaced the brake light switch, that still didn't work.

Old 10-18-2019, 11:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Do you have an aftermarket trailer brake controller? If so, unplug it and see if the brake lights go off. If that fixes the problem, get another brake controller and make sure it's mounted securely. I have a friend that had his brake lights intermittently turning on, and the culprit was a brake controller that he had laying in a storage compartment (likely damaged from banging around). Replaced trailer brake controller and all was well.

Old 10-18-2019, 11:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for the information, I changed out the brake switch

[QUOTE=EsJayEs;5255772]Do you have an aftermarket trailer brake controller? If so, unplug it and see if the brake lights go off. If that fixes the problem, get another brake controller and make sure it's mounted securely. I have a friend that had his brake lights intermittently turning on, and the culprit was a brake controller that he had laying in a storage compartment (likely damaged from banging around). Replaced trailer brake controller and all was wel

Quick Reply: Brakes lights staying on