2009 - 2014 F-150

2010 F150 Build/Mod Questions

Old 01-22-2019, 11:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 F150 Build/Mod Questions

Hey y'all!

So the time has now come where I'm young enough to want a dream vehicle and old enough to understand that I... 1 - don't deserve one and 2 - don't want to pay for one. So, rather than going into a dealership and winding up in (even more) debt we decided to build a daily driver dream vehicle instead. Ever since I was a kid I've always loved the look of "capable" trucks. Something sort-of subtle but different, beefy but not over the top. The kind of truck where if it was in a movie, and people were outrunning zombies or aliens, they'd want to be in that specific truck. When it came time for a new vehicle a few years ago we purchased our BroDozer and love it. Even with the few repairs here and there I still dig it. It even has cooled seats which should probably be mandatory here in Texas. The boss lady has cleared me to make it my dream truck and now I'm stuck in the wormhole of f150 parts websites and I keep running in circles over and over. I'm aiming to keep all modifications to a budget but have a few questions and need some help/suggestions. Here are the current specs and wish list:

SPECS -
Year: 2010
Engine: 5.4L V8
Trim: Lariat
Color: Platinum White
Lift: 6" Pro Comp (installed prior to our purchase)
Tires: 35x12.50R20 Mastercrafts (installed prior to our purchase)
Wheels: 20" x 10" Fuel Nutz Black/machined (installed prior to our purchase)
Exhaust: Unsure what muffler they put it on it but it has the perfect note. (installed prior to our purchase)
Grille: Raptor style "FORD"
Accessories: Aftermarket tail lights and 3rd brake light, cold air intake, AMP Research auto folding side steps (installed prior to our purchase)
Type: Daily driver

WISH LIST -
Wheels: Black 17s, something more prerunner and less "I got some dubs" - Something like these Fuel Zephyrs minus beadlock
Tires: 37s instead of the current 35s. - Something cheap and beefy like these
Suspension: Something softer than what comes stock.
Fenders: Maybe some flared out bed sides and quarter panels if the tires are wide enough to fill the space?
Engine: Leaving it alone as it already has cold air and exhaust and guzzles fuel.
Front Bumper: Already ordered https://www.americantrucks.com/barricade-extreme-hd-tubular-front-bumper-0914-excluding-raptor.html
Rear Bumper: Already ordered https://www.americantrucks.com/barri...mper-0614.html
Headlights: Already ordered https://www.americantrucks.com/proje...lack-0914.html

QUESTIONS:
For the suspension, does anyone have any bolt on suggestions? Something to soften up the ride a good amount that won't bottom out or get in the way of 37" tires? We have a 1 mile drive through a golf course with speed bumps that we take every time we go in and out of the neighborhood and I'd love to not be knocked around by them. I'd love a long travel kit but I'm not spending $5k+ for something that won't be used to its full potential and I'm never, ever, cutting holes in the bed and having a cage fabricated just to look cool.
Anything else? I don't want it to look like a parts catalog threw up on the car, but I do like goodies.

Thanks y'all!

Last edited by Wakesurf Media; 01-22-2019 at 11:50 AM.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:20 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Nice looking truck...

First thing I'd do is get that 5.4l 3v capable. Like a Melling oil pump and what not.

Then worry about the cosmetics.

Would hate for you to dump a ton of money into it, then the engine starts giving issues.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 F150 Build/Mod Questions