2009 - 2014 F-150

sources for rebuilding and adding hp

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 09:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sources for rebuilding and adding hp

My 2011 f-150 has about 140K on it, its using oil and i want to start to research, and accumulate the parts needed to install another motor next year possibly. Id like to find the engine choices that will work easily with my truck and computer system, and then find places or tips on rebuilding that engine, with modest HP gains ...and be ready for when its time to replace my motor. It seems hard to find performance mods and tips for my truck...all i find is cold air intakes . Also a source for learning the trick for rebuilding the 5.0. I did this to my 2000 corvette and there was a lot to learn on what interchanged and what didnt, and the limits of uses of several blocks and head combos.... plus the little changes that kill a project like the device on the crank that the computer reads... ect..... so any advice or sources would be great. thanks... as a note Id have a cap on my truck( dont haul gravel or dirt) and the most i tow now is about 4000 lbs, so Im not so worried about loss of torque... i d like to get above 450 hp....just because its a # stuck in my head... no other reason.... thanks
BOB

Old 11-20-2018, 10:44 PM
So from your statement about the 5.0 I can guess that's what your truck has in it....

Supercharger kits are readily/easily available for this engine, then buy a top end kit(heads, camshaft ect...) and some long headers.
Get a programmer from a company that is willing to work with you on your project and give you a custom tune
What transmission does this have in it?
For tips I've seen a complete rebuild manual for the 2011+ 5.0 engine on e-bay by SA Design
Stock it has about 360hp so gaining 90hp isn't that much of a challenge.

Old 11-21-2018, 10:06 AM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
The only transmission in all 2011 F150's is the 6R80.

Old 11-26-2018, 07:56 AM
Originally Posted by CManHugh
So from your statement about the 5.0 I can guess that's what your truck has in it....

Supercharger kits are readily/easily available for this engine, then buy a top end kit(heads, camshaft ect...) and some long headers.
Get a programmer from a company that is willing to work with you on your project and give you a custom tune
For tips I've seen a complete rebuild manual for the 2011+ 5.0 engine on e-bay by SA Design
Stock it has about 360hp so gaining 90hp isn't that much of a challenge.
thats the catch WHO?????? sells the top end kits..... WHO sells intakes for the truck? WHO sells headers and cams? I found ONE article on a shop that ports 5.0 heads...... ONE!

Old 11-28-2018, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by Bob J
thats the catch WHO?????? sells the top end kits..... WHO sells intakes for the truck? WHO sells headers and cams? I found ONE article on a shop that ports 5.0 heads...... ONE!
Jegs.... Summit racing....

Any local reputable machine shop will port heads and be glad to be part of a project like this....

If you're looking for guys that do it all the time and want to use your heads then MMR.

Old 11-29-2018, 10:42 AM
there seems to be only 6 cams for the 2011 5.0 all COMP cams, all have the exact same lift, just the duration changhes...

https://www.summitracing.com/search/...rder=Ascending

tough building this motor up..

bob

Old 11-30-2018, 12:06 AM
Originally Posted by Bob J
there seems to be only 6 cams for the 2011 5.0 all COMP cams, all have the exact same lift, just the duration changhes...

https://www.summitracing.com/search/...rder=Ascending

tough building this motor up..

bob
Might have better luck on the Mustang forums, same engine, just in the car.

Quick Reply: sources for rebuilding and adding hp