2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Drill hole or Catch Can or both.

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2017, 09:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drill hole or Catch Can or both.

Since I just purchased a new to me 2014 with the 3.5 EB, I'm wondering if I really need to drill the hole in the IC? Will it void the warranty? Should I go for a catch can. Should I not worry about the warranty and do both?

It runs just fine with 22K miles, but wondering if I should do some preventative maintenance? I have the CPO warranty that extends to 100K on the drivetrain.

Old 06-30-2017, 11:52 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it. I'd leave it alone if it's running fine.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your oil catch can will only catch the oil burn off from the heads that get fed back into the intake. This has nothing to do with the condensation build us in the IC. I have a UPR mega catch can from stage3motorsports. It works great, and easy install. You will be amazed of the crap you'll keep out of your motor. Definitely would recommend. As for the condensation in the IC, just remember the bigger you drill the hole, the more boost you'll lose. A small hole shouldn't make to much of a difference. Be careful aftermarket tunes, when I was on stock I never had an issue with condensation but with the new tunes, they ran the boost up for power but then it would pick water at high rev. Pissed me off so bad.!!