2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Mak y pipe

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2017, 11:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mak y pipe

Has anyone had or currently have a rattle almost loose baffle or heat shield sounds from their mak y pipe with stock exhaust?

Heres what I have 2013 F150 5.0 S&B CAI,ported mustang intake, mak off-road y pipe and stock cat back.

As soon as I installed it I heard a nasty (horrible) rattle at 2,000 rpm. Obviasly checking for any rubbing or anything loose and finding nothing.

After about two days of driving this I bought a MBRP cat back with a resonator hoping this would quote it down. I was wrong, while the rattle was gone it sounded like glass packs. So at a loss I sold it to a guy I work with for a little less than I paid plus his stock cat back that has 30k miles on it. I literally had the MBRP on it for 5 min.

I'm thinking my stock cat back at 100k has a loose baffle or something. Wrong again 30k mile cat back sounds even worse.

I have a buddy with the same mods only difference is he has AFE y pipe and only has a hint of rattle at wide open throttle.

I really don't want to spend twice the money on the AFE but I can't deal with the horrible sound it makes.

Thanks

Last edited by 19875oh; 06-26-2017 at 11:10 PM.