2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Odometer Display on 2010 F150 Platinum

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 06:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Odometer Display on 2010 F150 Platinum

After first day of owning new 2010 F 150 (90 miles) the Odometer alone display went blank, have to use trip 1 display to see odometer reading, not a bad problem but irritating because dealers mechanic says nothing is wrong. Spoke to Ford engineer in 2011 and he said that nothing is wrong.
Why then did I have that display the first day I owned the truck and then it quit?
Would appreciate any thoughts anyone has.

Old 09-29-2015, 10:17 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
You have been living with this for 5 years? It's a bit late to try to get this fixed on warranty, it's definitely not normal. You should have escalated this a long time ago.

Old 09-30-2015, 11:43 AM
Odometer display on 2010 F150

Not concerned about warranty now but it is hard to get fixed under warranty if service depts say nothing is wrong.

Thought maybe someone else had run into this. I feel it is a software problem.

Do appreciate your looking and responding.
I was not aware of the forums on line back when I first got the truck.

Old 09-30-2015, 12:19 PM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hansenfarm
After first day of owning new 2010 F 150 (90 miles) the Odometer alone display went blank, have to use trip 1 display to see odometer reading, not a bad problem but irritating because dealers mechanic says nothing is wrong. Spoke to Ford engineer in 2011 and he said that nothing is wrong.
Why then did I have that display the first day I owned the truck and then it quit?
Welcome to the forum, hansenfarm! Have you returned to the dealership since you spoke to an engineer in 2011? How many miles are on your truck now? I want to research some options to assist.

Crystal

Old 09-30-2015, 03:41 PM
2010 odometer problem

Crystal @ Ford Service

Thank you for your response. I have not been back to the dealership since initial request, did not see any point.
Dealer is 40 miles from our residence and I do my own oil changes etc so did not have a reason to go there.
Have about 19,500 miles on the vehicle and have had no other problems and am very happy with it. This is a very minor problem or would have taken other steps.

Old 09-30-2015, 04:08 PM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Crystal @ Ford Service

Thank you for your response. I have not been back to the dealership since initial request, did not see any point.
Dealer is 40 miles from our residence and I do my own oil changes etc so did not have a reason to go there.
Have about 19,500 miles on the vehicle and have had no other problems and am very happy with it. This is a very minor problem or would have taken other steps.
Thanks for the quick reply, hansenfarm! Let me know if you decide to have the dealer address this in the future; I'll be here to do what I can to assist.

Crystal

Old 12-26-2015, 05:33 PM
Talking 2010 odometer blackout

1st I have 400,000 + KM on my 2010 XL & use my trip odo almost every day!!...a week or two ago while resetting my trip "A" I went back to Normal odometer & nothing but a blank screen...odometer appears on all other screens in display namely Trip A & B..Km to empty, & L/100 km etc. this post is the only one on 2010 that I have found that seems to be my exact problem...I have not found a fix as yet...Talking to speedo shops they all seem to feel lets check it & it should be a simple solder fix but the more I talk to them they really seem to HAVE NOT have experienced this problem & they are only guessing!!! a used cluster is not plug & play as suggested in other years (2007)...I switched out a 2009 XLT cluster both 2wd clusters & although everything seems to work gauges & all other readouts it would not start as the anti-theft lite stayed lite (which I suspected ) so I'am thinking swap out these 2 clusters Get ford to reprogram the new cluster then down to the speedo shop & get the correct mileage reprogrammed....I have not found a stealership that can reprogram the mileage...they say they send them out...I have heard it could also be a fuse...but have not checked as yet...might be worth some time to check that as well!! as I believe this odometer function only comes on with the key on......No fix here but maybe some insight!!!!! Good Day "Mac" !!

Quick Reply: Odometer Display on 2010 F150 Platinum