2009 - 2014 F-150

Why do we drive Fords?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 04:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am not brand loyal either. If I like the vehicle I do some research and buy it.

I don't know that my next truck will be a Ford since they no longer offer the 6.2 L in the half tons and you can't get the max tow package in the 5.0 L. I am not ready for an ecotooter yet and that seems to be what Ford wants you to buy.

Last edited by grizzstang; 04-20-2015 at 04:36 PM.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

For me? Because of my Dad. He was a car guy. He was mostly a Ford guy, well that and Cadillac. I grew up in a '66 Fleetwood Brougham, a '74 Ranchero, and a '76 Fleetwood Brougham. He let me drive the '66 a few times when I was thirteen. Even let me tow the boat trailer around to the boat slip after he put the boat in the water for the season. He liked his small block Chevys, and Dodge motors too. But I cut my teeth in the Ranch.. I was always the Gofor. And he'd let me help him swap intakes, carbs. and stuff. Helped him put the headers on her too. The pay off for me was when we went out for test drives! Some of those got hairy. I remember he would say "Hold on. I'm gonna jam the brakes to see how fast we can slow incase of a cop.". Yep, they were the good ole days......

Late fall of '75 with my little sister. You can see the '66 Fleetwood behind the Ranch.

1976 from the bedroom window, with the '76 Fleetwood too.

Old 04-22-2015, 11:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have owned them all several times. CURRENTLY, Ford seems to temporarily have better quality than the rest. It seems every time I go to buy something, that changes. Lastly, it helps when they are pushing them out the door at minimal profit margin.

Quick Reply: Why do we drive Fords?