2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2013 Headlight Switch Removal/ Auto light install

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 11:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 Headlight Switch Removal/ Auto light install

I look to find how to remove my old switch to replace it with an auto light switch. Before anybody starts griping YES it can be added to any f150 as long as the wiring for the sensor is under the plug in the center of the dash. You WILL have to find a dealer smart enough to program the computer to let it work so if they say they cant do it move on to the next dealer because it can be done if they know what they are doing.
1. Take a screwdriver and pry plug off in the center of dash
2. Unplug wire from plug and plug it into sensor(Sorry dont have pics If u need them pm me)

3. Pull the Side panel off drivers side dash.

4. Insert finger in air vent and pull out

5. The panel will the come off

6. Feel around the back of the switch and you will feel 3 clips that need to be squeezed to remove switch (looking at switch they are a 11,4,and 7 o'clock or where my fingers are touching the switch.

7. squeeze all the clips in and push switch towards rear of truck

8. Unplug switch pigtail from headlight switch.

9. Plug in new switch and press switch back into dash and then put side cover back on dash

10. Then call around and find a dealer smart enough to use their own tools
$50-$150 later and you switch will work, don't be concerned if they say it might burn up the wiring harness it wont they just aren't sure if they can do it!!

Old 09-09-2022, 05:17 PM
Auto light install

What wires did you tap for the autolight. I figured out which wires were hot when you switch to low beams and parking position. But to connect the daylight sensor and ecu to which wires for the trigger?
My truck is a 2014 f150 xl. I talked a a ford technician and he was right. We found the wire that triggers the headlights into the switch and which one carries the power to the headlights.

Last edited by Brandon11; 09-10-2022 at 12:46 PM.
Old 09-10-2022, 10:38 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Exclamation

Brandon11...
Welcome!

*Heads-Up*
  1. The thread is 7-years old.
  2. joshwe2002's (O/P) last login was also 7-years ago.
Just sayin'...

Also...

Consider putting your complete vehicle information (year, model, cab, trim, engine, wheelbase, _x4 drive, mileage, maintenance, modifications, etc., etc.) in your signature to have it automagically included when you post. *Eliminates playing 20 questions when/if a post is made in the future pertaining to your vehicle.
» Edit Signature ««« -click-
*Don't forget to [ save ] it.

The following users liked this post:
Old 09-10-2022, 12:42 PM
Thanks

Originally Posted by gDMJoe
Welcome!

*Heads-Up*
  1. The thread is 7-years old.
  2. joshwe2002's (O/P) last login was also 7-years ago.
Just sayin'...

Also...

Consider putting your complete vehicle information (year, model, cab, trim, engine, wheelbase, _x4 drive, mileage, maintenance, modifications, etc., etc.) in your signature to have it automagically included when you post. *Eliminates playing 20 questions when/if a post is made in the future pertaining to your vehicle.
» Edit Signature ««« -click-
*Don't forget to [ save ] it.
Thanks

Well said. Thanks.

Quick Reply: 2013 Headlight Switch Removal/ Auto light install