2009 - 2014 F-150

Question about raptor upfitter switch panel

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 12:08 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Question about raptor upfitter switch panel

On the raptor upfitter panel there is two buttons, one for the hill desent control and another for the off road mode. My 13 FX4 has the hill desent button already above the radio next to the traction control button. My question is what is the off road mode button do, and can it be made to work on an FX4?

Old 01-24-2014, 02:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Um, negative.

Old 01-24-2014, 03:05 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
What does off road mode do anyway?

Old 01-24-2014, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Probably turns off all the traction control stuff for good, unlike the other trucks that like to kick stuff back on after a certain mpg.

Old 01-25-2014, 11:44 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 05RedFX4
On the raptor upfitter panel there is two buttons, one for the hill desent control and another for the off road mode. My 13 FX4 has the hill desent button already above the radio next to the traction control button. My question is what is the off road mode button do, and can it be made to work on an FX4?
MPT is working on a custom tune that is suppose to be an off road tune which works like the raptor.

off road mode does a few things including changing the ratio that the throttle body opens up according to your foot. Its a linear taper in off road mode. Ford does it to help take off in sand so you don't just dig and for overall controllability. It also widens your shift points, so the transmission holds in gear longer, this is so if you need to let off the throttle for a corner or whatever the truck wont up shift. This way the truck doesn't need to downshift to get back into the power. The off road mode also desensitizes the air bags and changes the ABS system to better stop on dirt.

Quick Reply: Question about raptor upfitter switch panel