2009 - 2014 F-150

Anyone Have Shear Comfort Seat Covers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mixedallaround
ugh, i fell victim to this too. while i wait for my refund i did some researching and came across a few other upset customers of them. and caltrend.
Caltrend Seat Cover - HAVE YOU USED THEM - The Lighthouse Lady - YouTube
and check their yelp page. yelp.com/biz/shear-comfort-vancouver

have you gotten your seat covers from decor yet, onthewayup? how do you like them?? all the reviews i'm reading so far are pretty good about them, granted the reviews are pretty recent, but nothing but good stuff....and the pictures are pretty good too.
Wow, that is quite bad and deadly when the seat covers block your side impact air bags. I am not sure if you are still in the market for seat covers, but the seat covers from Decor Auto turned out great! I got their Cordura seat covers because I wanted something that would be durable and hold up to all the gear I lug around.

If you are having trouble choosing what type of seat cover would work best for you, call their 888 number. I ended up calling them after I couldn't decide between neosupreme and cordura. In the end, I needed something that was more heavy duty. Hopefully that helps!

Old 10-14-2015, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by onthewayup
Wow, that is quite bad and deadly when the seat covers block your side impact air bags. I am not sure if you are still in the market for seat covers, but the seat covers from Decor Auto turned out great! I got their Cordura seat covers because I wanted something that would be durable and hold up to all the gear I lug around.

If you are having trouble choosing what type of seat cover would work best for you, call their 888 number. I ended up calling them after I couldn't decide between neosupreme and cordura. In the end, I needed something that was more heavy duty. Hopefully that helps!
i sure am in the market for seat covers. thanks. i'll keep looking and give them a call

Old 06-11-2017, 11:00 AM
Ok,
So I Just bought my Seat covers from Sheer Comfort. They were expensive. $290.00 for only a regular cab F150 40/20/40 bench seat. So why did I spend so much for these seat covers….While… back in 2012 I purchased from this company for my Brand New Toyota Tacoma. They were the best seat covers I have ever owned. So naturally, it was an easy choice to go with them again. However, this time… I felt a little uneasy making the purchase. The lady that took my order was short and abrupt. She seemed really put out by taking my order and talking with me. I asked if the product was still made locally, double stitched and owned by the same people. She emphatically stated yes and they quality was still the same as it was from the previous product I got from them. However, after receiving this item. I am thoroughly upset. Single threaded stitching. The Seams are tearing away, just out of the box. The Velcro was put on poorly. The buckle system is pathetic. They used 89 cent buckles. The finishing work on this product is clearly not done by an American or Canadian craftsman. This is a pathetic excuse for extorting me out of $290.00 hard earned US dollars. My wife has been doing fabrication and upholstery work and reviewed the quality, stating “No doubt about it, this is simply Chinese made and manufactured quality”. I called the company and voiced my concerns. They told me to take pictures and they would review and make it right. I am happy they are willing to make it right, but the truth is. I don’t want to deal with this crap… If you’re going to charge a premium price you damn sure need to sell a product that is worthy of that price. Something has happened to Sheer Comfort. The company I dealt with back in 2012 is no longer the company that is selling this product. It is painfully obvious that some little twerp has taken ownership of the company and is only worried about margin and not quality, craftsmanship, and above all. People… Here is but a short list of my concerns. The seams are single stitched. On several areas of the seams, the cloth is visibly stressed and bringing to rip out. The attachment hardware is pathetic; Joann has this hardware for under a dollar a piece. The Bias work on the product is inferior, with numerous workmanship defects. The head rest covers do not fit securely on the head rest. The bias material is of an extremely cheap quality. The elastic used to attach the hooks to the underside of the seat is of a substandard, inferior quality. In reviewing this pictures please keep in mind. I just installed these into my truck one day ago. Have not even used them. Already they are tearing apart at the seams. Do yourself a favor. Don’t buy from this company until they get their act together… They need to bring production back over to the states, rather than having this crap assembled in China.

Old 06-12-2017, 10:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just installed covers on the front seats of my supercrew last night from TruckLeather.com. PVC but look fantastic. Fit and finish look very nice for a cover.

I purchased Covercraft fabric covers for the rear seat and fit like a sloppy cover. Didn't realize I had ordered a rear set from TruckLeather so I will get those on later this week.

I wanted the leather look as I get a lot of road dust in the summer so it is easier to keep clean than the factory porous fabric material.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:57 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I guess i got my set at the right time. I sold the truck last month and had the covers on for 4 years. They were great. The last 6 months the drivers seat cover started to shows alot of signs of wear from sliding in and out. But they did their job and when the dealership took them off the seats looked brand spanking new.

I was about to purchase a new set for my 2017 but after seeing these more recent reviews i think im goimg to pass.

Old 07-17-2018, 11:27 AM
I bought a set of ShearComfort sheepskin covers for my 2018 Raptor and installed them about a month ago. These ARE NOT the finest sheepskin covers I've owned, and overall, I'd give them a 6 1/2 (out of 10).

The big problem with the covers is that the headrest holes aren't precut. The material is rather thick, so cutting your own holes isn't as easy as you might think. I bought the most expensive custom covers and I can't imagine that it would be that difficult to pre-cut the headrest holes. The fit is only so-so. In fact, the passenger cover fits much better than the driver's side cover.

The actual sheepskin is alright, but not a premium product. It does seem very durable and does not appear to stain easily.

I hope this helps.

Old 07-17-2018, 12:01 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I don't have shearcomfort, but I have Wet Okole and I love them.

Quick Reply: Anyone Have Shear Comfort Seat Covers?