2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Turn signal Quited!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 05:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turn signal Quited!

I finally dove in and took my instrument cluster out. Though you can see the speaker from the back of the cluster as it has a deep hole all the way to it. I opted to take the cluster apart, just separate the two halves.

After that I had direct access to the speaker. You can partially remove it, but on one end it is solder in to the cluster. So I cut the material around the speaker and stuffed it with felt. Closed up the cluster and filled the hole with more felt and then duct taped over that.

I reinstalled the cluster and gave it a try and couldn't hear a thing. I thought I may have broken the speaker, but if I turned everything off I can just barely hear it. A little more that I wanted, but it is still better than stock.

BTW, really easy to take out. Two screws on the top of the bezel and a couple of clips on the bottom, then it pulls out (when you telescope the wheel all the way out). Then 4 small bolts around the cluster and it comes out.

Old 09-04-2013, 06:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You must have super sensitive ears. I don't notice mine.... ever. Between A/C in the summer, Heat in the winter, and tunes playing all year long, I never will either.

Old 09-04-2013, 06:51 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Mine in my 2011 is annoyingly loud. So loud I hate to use the turn signal. And I'm partially deaf!

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Old 09-04-2013, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by canadianelbow
You must have super sensitive ears. I don't notice mine.... ever. Between A/C in the summer, Heat in the winter, and tunes playing all year long, I never will either.
I think it started in 2011, they are so loud that when I'm talking on the phone I get asked about that loud noise. it is as loud as a normal conversation.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:27 PM
I have to agree. I love the way the new blinkers work, but they ARE loud... Much like Jim said, it makes me not want to use the blinkers if I don't have to. Especially if waiting for a light to turn green or at a stop sign for more than a few seconds...

Quick Reply: Turn signal Quited!