2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Happ with what you'e got?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 11:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happ with what you'e got?

Let's face it folks, we're F150 enthusiasts, not just merely buyers. Maybe you bought your truck twenty years ago or maybe three years ago. Are you happy with what you've got?

I've been here for a while. I've seen some people upgrade in a years time and seen some people wait ten years or more before buying a new truck. What I really want to know is, are a majority of the member of this board happy with the trucks that they are currently driving?

I'm driving a 2011 with the e base, 3.7 V6, which is apparently a pretty rare config on this forum. I'm generally satisfied with what I have, but realize that there is better for a little more cash. Better configs are being fed down the pipeline, which will always be the case.

Are you happy with what you've got? What do you like? What would make you make the move to upgrade?

I prefer the RCSB. The Tremor is a nice offering but it's high priced and only offers the 4.10 gears, which are two things that make it undesirable to me. The truck raises my eyebrows but just doesn't fit my needs.

Are you happy with what you've got? If not, why not?

Old 08-17-2013, 12:58 AM
i have a 2011 raptor supercrew, which i love. kind of hard to upgrade from there, if i was to get another truck i would probably get a king ranch f-350.

Old 08-17-2013, 01:52 AM

I'm happy with what I've got. It's a 2006 Screw, 2wd, XLT, cloth, 5.4, Oxford White. It has everything I wanted and I got it for about 3 grand less than comparable trucks I was looking at when I bought it March 2012 with 74k (87.7 now). The only things that I would want it to have are 4wd and the 17 ish MPG a new 5.0 has. The 12 mpg can sting sometimes but it doesn't bother me much and I only want 4X4, I'd rarely use it if ever.

So neither matters that much. And, neither are permanent. I'm gonna get a Mustang GT down the road some time - takes care of MPG. I can roll a Dana 40 or two under her and get my 4wd. Who knows what kind of cool motors they'll have in the future that I can drop in the F150, might have 500 HP and get 30 mpg! I'm gonna keep her till she ain't worth but a couple grand, buy the car, still keep the truck and just use it as toy. All of this pending good financial circumstances that allow for it, of course haha.

There will always be something better coming down the pipe. But I hate computers and technology, and it hates me back, so I don't know how long I'll be keeping new(er) vehicles. Maybe 5 years or so. My '06 has too much computer crap in it as it is. New technology is really cool and all, but keeping all of it updated and working properly is an expensive hassle. Guess I'm just a bit of an old soul in a young body . . .

Last edited by KMAC0694; 08-17-2013 at 01:56 AM.
Old 08-17-2013, 02:52 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm happy with my 2011 FX4 Ecoboost scab. I've had it for 2.5 years and it hasn't had any issues at all.
I ordered it equipped just the way I wanted it and have no desire to upgrade to any other model. If my truck got wrecked or stolen I would order another stripped down FX4 scab with only 2 options, Eco and 20's.

Old 08-17-2013, 07:46 AM
I'm thrilled with what I have.

2010 stx regular cab v8 4.6. I previously had a 4.6 before I was forced to get a car. I loved that truck, but it was kind of a dog. But this one... My god. This truck will pull my 20' pontoon like there is nothing there. It averages 18-19 miles to the gallon on the last three tanks. Hell of an increase over the 12-14 in my last 150.

When I bought my current truck, I was actually looking at rangers, colorados, and tacomas. I managed to find this truck for around a 1000 or two more, 15k, with only 32k miles. Sold.

I love being back in a truck. I couldn't be anymore happy with my purchase, plus it's paid for.

Old 08-17-2013, 12:03 PM
I have enjoyed my truck quite a bit, the qualms that I have are-

Extremely low payload(1250lbs)
Higher trim than I wanted

I load a lot of crap in my truck (4-5 people, bed full of stuff) and I am pushing the payload limits as is. That's without taking into account my intention to be buying a boat and a couple of 4 wheelers over the next few years and the need to tow those in addition to the weight listed above. The payload was disappointing, but I did order my truck so I suppose I have no one to blame but myself lol-live and learn. The other thing that irritated me was that you can only get a few convenience features on the higher trim trucks. The absolute deal breaker for me was the auto 4wd-living in Alaska I wanted that on my truck. It limited me to a Lariat, when I would have much rather been in an FX or XLT truck(I prefer cloth seats).

I am going to wait and see what the 2015's have in store to see if I can get a truck that better suits my needs, otherwise I may be looking at a Ram 2500 to replace the F150.

WITH ALL OF THAT SAID, never have I gotten in my truck and been unhappy. Just one of those situations where I could have done a couple of things differently and come to a better outcome. We will see what Ford does over the next 1.5 years, and I will go from there.

Old 08-17-2013, 12:09 PM
Very happy with my 2012 XLT 5.0
16.7 mpg so far.

Posted from F150online.com App for Android

Old 08-18-2013, 10:03 AM
2012 XLT SCREW, ECOBOOST. First truck ever, I cannot imagine life without it. Went with XLT because I did not want a center console, that and the truck was available at the dealer.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

I am VERY happy with mine. When I was looking it was in the summer of 2010. At the time I was actually looking at Explorer sports. But they had very little room, and just seemed under powered. So I moved on to F150's. Still couldn't find what I wanted. It was late July and the new models were coming. Most of what was left on the lots were not to my liking. Even dealer searches couldn't find what I wanted. So, after some research on the (then) new 2011's I decided I wanted the 6.2 (Growl!). So, I went to the dealer that did the most for me and on Oct. 7th. 2010, I special ordered a 2011 F150 Lariat Supercrew 4x4 with the 6.2, max tow package (which was how it had to be ordered), 3.73 LS gears, in Red Candy Adobe two-tone with Adobe interior. I pretty much ordered it all except for the chrome package (didn't like the rims), or the Off Road package. I had the dealer install factory skid plates. Or the bed extender. I have been slowly adding stuff as I want. The most recent is I just updated the headlights with the factory HID's. So far the truck has run flawlessly and the gas mileage, for the 6.2, has been superb (as long as I keep my foot out of it). So I have been VERY Happy.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:18 AM
We love our 2010 F150 FX4 screw even with the 5.4L engine. We have logged 60k in family outings and cross country trips. It is my best Ford yet. I have a 2011 with the 5L for a work truck and it is very smooth and well built as well. I miss the Lightnings for sure and my old Power Strokes (except for my old 6L !!!). We are hoping the economy returns to a better state soon. We are looking to get a new 2015 Super Duty and move up to a larger camper.

Old 08-18-2013, 02:16 PM

A dozen Ford trucks later....yep, happy that I am still in a Ford truck.

Actually, it is getting much easier to get happy as Ford keeps upgrading all the models. Just a couple of years ago, one would never think you could outfit a FX4 almost to the same level of features as a Platinum. Amazing.

Old 08-19-2013, 12:09 AM
I am very happy with my HD. It has everything I want and nothing I don't want. I think I'll be keeping her for awhile.

Last edited by AKAO1029; 08-19-2013 at 01:44 AM.
Old 08-19-2013, 12:59 AM
Overall, I am happy with my '13 F-150. I think the 3.7 is a perfectly good engine. To be completely happy, I would have to replace the center seat/console/obstruction in my XLT interior and completely replace the factory sync system from head unit to speakers. This is unlikely to happen since I leased so I will continue this love/hate relationship until my lease is up.

Old 08-19-2013, 10:53 AM
Witt, this is a pretty good question! I really think I got a good one with my '02 Lariat SuperCrew 5.4 2WD, 3.55 locking differential, and get 18-18.5 highway mpg. But, I have this one nagging thing in me mind - all the stuff I've read about replacing spark plugs. Mine runs perfect at 90,000 miles, but, I'm getting close to wanting to change plugs. That's why I keep asking how hard are plug changes on the new engines, 5.0 and Ecoboost. One of those will be my next F150. But, all in all, I like me current truck.

Old 08-19-2013, 12:29 PM
Definitely happy, built it exactly as I wanted which is something some makes don't allow. Depending on how things grow family wise I could be upgrading to an f250 or f350 6-8 years from now. All depends what powertrain options and capacities are offered on the new f150's.

Quick Reply: Happ with what you'e got?