2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My new fifth wheel

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 11:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The door jamb sticker is put on at the factory due to federal regulations, they have to base it on the suspension and "tires". So while I do put some weight in that number, it has obviously changed because I changed "tires". You can't get a new sticker done, so legally your stuck with the one on the door jamb, but I can assure you tires are a major part of that particular sticker number.

At this point my truck only lacks 7 lug wheel assemblies and 7 lug wheels to technically be an HD payload truck. The rear diff size is the same other than one being limited slip and the other electronic locking, the axle house and internals have the same weight ratings, the rear leafs are HD payload leafs.

My truck was more than capable handling my fifth wheel with stock components, all I've done if beef things up. If I get pulled over and get weighed, I won't have any issues. I've even verified my setup with family relative in town whom happens to be a cop.

It's not rocket science, I simply did my research on the parts... all of which was confirmed by the head service manager at my local Ford dealer. And to quote my dealer when I asked him about warranty issues he said "hell it's a good thing, your essentially beefing up the rear suspension".

Old 09-08-2013, 01:07 AM
Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
Who frekin cares if hes a few hundred lbs overweight? Big Deal! He has the best tires you can buy, hes done work to the rear suspension and im sure the load is just as safe as any other load out there on the highway.. Maybe you should change your screen name to "weight police".
I can give a crap less how overweight he is. I just want him to admit it!!! But I am glad you agree he is over and I do think it's great how you come to your buddys defense.. It's sweet...

Old 09-08-2013, 02:39 AM
I'm not overweight, get that through your thick stubborn dumbass trolling skull.

Old 09-08-2013, 05:53 AM

I'm glad I stopped following this thread. I opened it hoping something different would be on the discussion plate. But no, same ***-clown complaining about someone else's truck.

"Weight police" is funny considering he's pissed about the suggested weights for his own truck, which is what he should focus his attention on. I think he's mad that Prime is hauling such heavy loads safely and legally. A little jealous I think

Old 09-08-2013, 09:30 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by KMAC0694
But no, same ***-clown complaining about someone else's truck.
More like a old woman nag nag nag nag... Geez just get tired of reading the same crap over and over again.

Old 09-08-2013, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by KMAC0694
I'm glad I stopped following this thread. I opened it hoping something different would be on the discussion plate. But no, same ***-clown complaining about someone else's truck.

"Weight police" is funny considering he's pissed about the suggested weights for his own truck, which is what he should focus his attention on. I think he's mad that Prime is hauling such heavy loads safely and legally. A little jealous I think
I don't think i would go as far as to say I'm complaining about his truck there Sally.. It's just the fact that he keeps expressing to me and everyone that he is not over his trucks ratings because he swapped his stock tires for 10 ply!!

I do like how you consider the posted #'s on a truck to just be "suggested"..

I have no concerns with my setup. I'm within my trucks posted ratings(which are higher than Primes ratings) the way it came from the factory. I don't have to try and enhance it's capabilities by changing anything...

Going by Prime's theory maybe when I'm ready to upgrade to a larger trailer I will just go out and get solid rubber tires instead of upgrading my truck. This way i will never have to worry about trailer weight again!

" A little jealous i think" -- You got me!!

Quick Reply: My new fifth wheel