2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Man Step, Stripper Pole, Tailgate rattling fix

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 04:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Man Step, Stripper Pole, Tailgate rattling fix

So I finally had it with the rattling for the tailgate on 12' FX4. So I took it to another dealer to hunt the problem. Luckily the Service Manager Mike has the same truck that had the same issue with a squeak and little rattle over rough roads. He fixed it in ten minutes. They lubed the stripper pole pivot bolt, fixed (replaced) the rubber bushing in the tailgate cover at the top of the handle rest, and then adjust the tailgate latch (loose) and lubed where the king pin locks. Sound is gone and I can enjoy having the back slider open again.

Old 03-04-2018, 08:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by coyotemustang11
So I finally had it with the rattling for the tailgate on 12' FX4. So I took it to another dealer to hunt the problem. Luckily the Service Manager Mike has the same truck that had the same issue with a squeak and little rattle over rough roads. He fixed it in ten minutes. They lubed the stripper pole pivot bolt, fixed (replaced) the rubber bushing in the tailgate cover at the top of the handle rest, and then adjust the tailgate latch (loose) and lubed where the king pin locks. Sound is gone and I can enjoy having the back slider open again.
is still fixed? or how long the noise gone?
i have the same noise on my 2011 f150 and is giving me crazy

Old 03-04-2018, 09:16 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Why not try it and see if it fixes it.

Chances are it will.

Quick Reply: Man Step, Stripper Pole, Tailgate rattling fix