2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Infant Seats and leather

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 02:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Infant Seats and leather

I installed a new Peg Perrego SIP 30/30 Infant Car seat in my '10 Screw today, and I'm not overly impressed with the fit. I think the trouble lies in the rather sitting straight up aspect of the seat, but the leather doesn't help. It doesn't provide much "slipperiness" for the seat to slide down and easily latch into the base. It will go with a little pressure, (maybe a lot of pressure), but in the wife's Subaru Legacy it slips in and clicks like a dream. Maybe with the weight of a baby in it it will have some "momentum" to click in place easier.

On the bright side, tomorrow i get to bring home my first born. 5lb 11oz Baby Oliver is coming Home.

Old 05-18-2012, 07:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Congrats ! I folded a towel up under the base of our baby seat. I also purchased a seat belt lock thing from toys R Us - all it does it get the seat belt super tight where the base will not move in either direction.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:45 AM
We put towles under the seat when in my G35, and the wife's CRV, both leather.

Congrats on the new addition.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by canadianelbow
Maybe with the weight of a baby in it it will have some "momentum" to click in place easier.

On the bright side, tomorrow i get to bring home my first born. 5lb 11oz Baby Oliver is coming Home.
Congrat's on the baby bro!!!

Old 05-18-2012, 03:16 PM
Congrats! Welcome to the world of no sleep and car seats! Our first just turned one a few weeks back and time does fly, she's up and walking here n there.

Car seats are a major pain, but you'll get the hang of it. Like others said, use a towel or "old lady wal mart car seat pad" under the base.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:25 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
the car seat I bought for my daughter came with a seat pad.....that was about six years ago and the car seat was an Eddie bauer brand....

as I remember it took a few times to get the seat properly adjusted.....

Congrats on the new baby....

Old 05-18-2012, 06:36 PM
Congrats on the baby boy! Yes, I too use folded up towels under the TWO car seats in my truck.

Old 05-18-2012, 08:42 PM
Seat Covers!!! Ha, just messing with you. I know you love your leather. Congrats on the baby man! We just had our first boy a few weeks back.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:07 PM
Put the towel down then the base and put your knee on the base with all your weight then strap down the base, your seat will not move.

Old 05-18-2012, 10:30 PM
I have two car seats in my truck and use a folded up flannel sheet across the whole back seat. The flannel soaks up the spills and the vomit...trust me...it will happen sooner or later. Congrats on the little one!

Old 05-19-2012, 09:16 AM
Congrats on the new baby.

Originally Posted by 05supercrew
Put the towel down then the base and put your knee on the base with all your weight then strap down the base, your seat will not move.
^THIS.

You want to collapse the cushion underneath the seat. You want it locked into position. A simple click of the seatbelt or to the anchors and a slight cinch of the belt is not good enough. When I strap in a seat, I do it with ME sitting in (more like on) it.

Originally Posted by mtnbikes
I have two car seats in my truck and use a folded up flannel sheet across the whole back seat. The flannel soaks up the spills and the vomit...trust me...it will happen sooner or later. Congrats on the little one!
^boy if that isn't the truth.

Old 05-19-2012, 10:40 AM
Smile

I don't have the need but I did once read the section of the manual about kiddy seats.In no time my brain was spinning around !! It's good that some of you can decipher it ! It wouldn'tbe approved but I though of just wrapping the kid in bubble wrap !!
Keep them safe !

Old 05-21-2012, 02:35 PM
Kid car seats are the bane of my existence. I always put a towel under the seat . and put my knee into the kids seat to get it tight, but i never feel like they are installed they way i would like them to be.

Congrats on the new baby !

Old 05-21-2012, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by mete
I don't have the need but I did once read the section of the manual about kiddy seats.In no time my brain was spinning around !! It's good that some of you can decipher it ! It wouldn'tbe approved but I though of just wrapping the kid in bubble wrap !!
Keep them safe !
My first choice was to wrap her in bubble wrap and tie her to the roof rack.
My wife put the Kibosh on that however. I still don't see the problem.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:52 AM
We have used these for several years on leather. The back side has a non-skid coating. Helps to controls spills too.

http://www.princelionheart.com/site/t_cs_0560.html

Quick Reply: Infant Seats and leather