2009 - 2014 F-150

Brand new member looking to buy a 2011 EB SCREW

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 10:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brand new member looking to buy a 2011 EB SCREW

Hi guys. Just left like the 4th dealership in 2 weeks looking around and trying to find a truck I want that fits my needs. I found one very very close but am wondering if the price / timing is right or If I just wait for a 2012.

MSRP 45,820, I have a very very faint chance of getting XPlan, but my contact is 2 years removed from my family and I doubt I am going to get a call back. Despite this the dealer has drawn up everything as a Xplan with the cost of the truck at 41,961.

I am planning on the 0 percent and 90 days no payment so no 2k rebate. I had them bump the trade by 1k, from 9k to 10k which was easy and there is trade assist for another 1K which means there is still 2,120 payoff for the trade. It is my moms truck though and I can eat it for her as she is on fixed income and needs to get out from under it. I might push more on the trade tomorrow. If I recall Kelly BB was at 11k so we are still not even per say.

If Xplan falls through I have no choice but wait and try to find another source. I am not confident the dealer has given me the best trade / price curve yet, but so far I have found dealers here (ohio) dont seem to be under much pressure.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:37 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by superman07
MSRP 45,820, I have a very very faint chance of getting XPlan, but my contact is 2 years removed from my family and I doubt I am going to get a call back. Despite this the dealer has drawn up everything as a Xplan with the cost of the truck at 41,961.
is that excluding rebates?

there is some flight thing you can join for like $20 and get the xplan, think there is a waiting period though. either way though you can beat xplan price if you find the right dealer and know how to negotiate.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:45 AM
Welcome to the site! I'm in the market for the same.

You should be able to get that price with or without X plan. I've gotten 5K off MSRP (before rebate) just buy emailing a dealership for their internet price. Some dealerships on Autotrader and their own website are offering $10K below MSRP (including all rebates/discounts), but this would require me travelling to another state.

Ask for payoff for your trade. Show them the KBB and NADA values. They will show you their own values in their magic little trade in book that gives low, low values, but ask for pay off anyway. Should be able to get another $1,000.

It's a good time to buy. 2011s need to move to make room for '12s. Dealers know this. And it's tough to beat 0.0% for 60 months financing. That beats paying in cash since you can invest your $41K in the mean time and make money.

Old 10-06-2011, 01:03 AM
Suspended
don't be afraid to travel. i drove 220 miles to get mine.

i had my trade in appraised over the internet. got a price, told them i needed $1500 more so i sent them pictures. got the price i wanted on trade and got their "bottom" dollar price for the truck which was invoice. got ~$1100 below that.

Old 10-06-2011, 01:40 AM
I'm thinking I might wait and see what happens to the economy, and order a 2012. I expected more dealer motivation and a bit more accommodation.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:34 AM
since you said ohio. Thee is a dealer that offers 25% off. Fairway ford in canfield if memory serves me correct!

Old 10-06-2011, 05:55 AM
I just went through the same ordeal as you, as we approach year end,
finding a truck equipped how you want is tough,
I have been shopping for three months to find truck equipped how I want.
Was going to order a 2012 when I found what I wanted.
In my area SW MI, the ecoboost with 6.5 box are becoming hard to find
Not knowing what you want there are a lot of S-Crew-5.0/ 5.5 boxes on lots,
I bet you could get a great deal

Truck I just bought stickered real close to your number- out the door-tax/title with rustproof package for a little under 40K- maybe not the best deal but it was what I wanted

Old 10-06-2011, 06:29 AM
Originally Posted by superman07
I'm thinking I might wait and see what happens to the economy, and order a 2012. I expected more dealer motivation and a bit more accommodation.
I am curious what you expect from the economy in the next several months. With Christmas coming, people start to spend more, so I don't see it getting worse.

Do you think you will be able to order a 2012 for less money that a left over 2011 a dealer is trying to get off his lot? If so, let me know how to do that because I'm in the market for the same. I guess if you have an X plan and you are going to pay X plan, and you also have 7 weeks to wait, then that will probably work for you. Good luck!

Old 10-06-2011, 07:43 AM
Job loss is accelerating to levels not seen since 2009, The federal reserve is out of bullets, Several EU banks are bankrupt and close to nationalization, Greece will likely default this year. In General there appears to be a big banking problem right around the corner. Big companies know we are right into the next recession and are retrenching at least until after the election. Warren Buffet had to step in and save Bank of America, and it still might fail this year along with Morgan Stanley. There has been 200 billion in nearly consecutive outflows from mutual funds and NYSE short position interest is back to levels seen in March 2009. Technical indicators are closer to back in 2008.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:23 PM
What part of Ohio are you in Superman. I have been negotiating with several dealers in SW Ohio and I tell them up front that we have to start at invoice. It is not uncommon to be offer 100 or so below invoice and then rebates on top of that. Get a brochure from ford and thats another 750. I guess i will have to order a 12 as I also want a screw eco with the 6.5 bed and the tow mirrors, tailgate step and 18 inch wheels in black. Havent found one exactly like that yet and have been looking for 6 months. Thinking I will order in mid to late jan for a march deliviery and hoping march is truck month with decent rebates. I am in Dayton south and can turn you on to someone who will deal with you well if you want.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:28 PM
I have three dealers around me within 10 miles but am gonna order at one about 50 miles from me due to the up front no bs discussion and their willingness to actually work with me on everything i ask about. Also offering free oil changes for life. Not sure i will take advantage of that tho due to the distance. When i sing im gonna ask for a bedliner instead of the oil changes but either way they get my business just due to their attitude and honest responses.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:26 AM
Can anyone help me decipher what rebates are applicalbe to the 2011 F-150 SCREW Eco-Boost in my area (ZIP is 48327)?? I know it's on Ford's website, however the fine print leaves me a little confused as to what's applicable to the E/B.

I'm looking to buy an XLT with Max tow and the 3.73 rear end. I have access to an X plan. Any idea what reasonable out the door price might be??

Old 12-24-2011, 09:39 AM
I ended up playing 3 dealers against oneanother I new where the truck was ( a seperate dealer about 200 miles away) so I went to the dealer that gave me the best deal based upon the Vin. If the truck is on the lot you might not be able to get bids.

I got way more than the published bonuses so don't focus on that and be sure you push hard.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:11 AM
Try checking out truecar.com. I used it and found two dealers owned by the same company that wanted to out bid each other. Got a 2011 EB below invoice and 2K more for my trade-in than any other dealer near by. Had to travel 360 miles but figured I saved almost 3K by going the distance.

Old 12-26-2011, 09:31 PM
Thanks for the input. what i'm finding right now in my area is 2K in rebates. found a couple other threads that indicate the x plan price should work out to about 8% or so below sticker (easier to work with when looking online vs .4% above invoice lol)

Quick Reply: Brand new member looking to buy a 2011 EB SCREW