2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Dog Harness for securing the dog to the rear seat floor

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 06:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KazK
I just put the back seats up, my Great Dane and GSDs know to stay in the back.

But yeah I think a regular harness would work with a leather lead bolted to the floor like you said.
Willcausesause pain to the dog??

Old 09-13-2018, 10:25 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by tradosaurus
Just don't tie your dog to the back of your vehicle and then forget.

That was a funny scene... I had to watch it again on YouTube... haha

It's one of those things I watched as a kid, and always found hilarious. I betcha Chevy Chase couldn't stop laughing between scenes. lol

Old 06-13-2019, 12:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tadi
Hey guys,

Just picked up my 2011 XLT SuperCrew on Saturday. Loving the EcoBoost and it's such a comfortable truck on the road.

Since we'll be using this truck for family hauling from time to time I'd like to figure out a good way to harness our Lab to the floor in the back seat. He's just a pup right now (35lbs), but he'll be around 70lbs all said and done.

I've found the BuckleUpPup harness (http://www.buckleuppup.com), but I was wondering if anyone else had a recommendation or alternative. I was thinking of getting a no pull dog harness and then attaching a short lead to one of the bolts under the back seat. My only goal is to keep him safely harnessed to the floor of the back seat without too much slack. I don't want him on the rear seats or jumping on the kids!

Anyone have any experience securing a dog to the floor in the back? I think the floor in the back is the safest, anyway. Thanks for any help or advice!
I will be very interested If someone could create and market a device made of perhaps matte black fiberglass, plastic or even wood, etc. that would custom fit the rear seat area, concealing ALL leather while providing storage and secure anchor(s) for a dog harness. I feel that the zippered storage bags displayed in the Japanese photo of the "cruising shelf" would be totally unnecessary.

Quick Reply: Dog Harness for securing the dog to the rear seat floor