2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Anyone have any experience with these blocks?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 06:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have any experience with these blocks?

I've searched the forums for a bit and found several threads on blocks, but none exactly pretaining to this so hear goes.

My rear block is 1.25"

BTW, I have an 09 4x4 Platinum.

This is the block I've been looking at.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

It's 2.5" which lifts the rear exactly what I want. I don't want to do the
3" block simply because to me, .5" is a big difference. Also,
these blocks are aluminum. Some have stated they dont like the fact an aluminum block is wedged between a different type of metal.

So any opinions I'd appreciate. Thanks!

Last edited by rich_platinum; 03-02-2011 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Wrong information
Old 03-02-2011, 06:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Now that the OP has edited his original post, this post seems out of place. Original post implied that his blocks were 1 1/2 thick, and questioned why we claim that ours were 1 1/4... but on with the show.

I am not sure if or why ford would use different blocks from 2009 to 2010, but These are the blocks I pulled out of my 2010 FX4 last week. Some of us CLAIM that our blocks are 1 1/4, because they ARE 1 1/4. Not lying. Pic to prove....
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by canadianelbow; 03-02-2011 at 07:04 PM. Reason: response to original being edited.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the pics. Man I'm sorry, I was totally off measuring the block. IT IS 1.25" I was measuring while it's still on the truck so qhen you replied, I figured I'd go outside and double check again.

Old 03-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by canadianelbow
I am not sure if or why ford would use different blocks from 2009 to 2010, but These are the blocks I pulled out of my 2010 FX4 last week. Some of us CLAIM that our blocks are 1 1/4, because they ARE 1 1/4. Not lying. Pic to prove....
[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks for showing the photos man.. I feel like a goof! lol

Old 03-02-2011, 07:00 PM
a pic truly is worth a thousand words.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:04 PM
what size overall were the new blocks you made for your truck? They look great

Old 03-02-2011, 07:08 PM
ive been looking for a 2.5" block as well. are you just looking for more rake? i thought the 2" AS level sat nose high until i saw your truck and liked how it looked but other trucks with same level looked really nose high. my other choice was 2.5" AS level but didnt want 3" rear block due to rake so i figuered a 2.5 block would be perfect and offer more clearance for aggressive wheel/tire set up. im either going to do 20x9 0 offset or 20x9 -12 but this seems hard to do with a level and 33" trail grapplers. dont mean to hijack your thread ( not sure if i am lol) but i was going to post a thread asking about 2.5" blocks as well. i think pro comp makes them as well and made from different materials but not sure if they would work on our trucks.

Old 03-02-2011, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by rich_platinum
what size overall were the new blocks you made for your truck? They look great
2"high x 2 3/4"wide x 5"long

Finding them that were not aluminum wasn't real easy, so Rather than wasting money, and time, I made what I wanted. It will take time for any aluminum ones to corrode between the two steel parts, but it will happen, and aluminum tends to dust up, and disappear when it corrodes. You can slow the process by putting a rubber skin of some sort both above and below the block I guess, but not sure how great an idea that is for safety, and differential shifting, as the rubber breaks down. I liked steel as a best choice. Thus I went with it. Aluminum would have been easier to work with, and was an option. Do some research on aluminum corrosion when butted up to steel. I think you will decide against it, if you plan on keeping the truck.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:05 AM
Originally Posted by VEECON
ive been looking for a 2.5" block as well. are you just looking for more rake? i thought the 2" AS level sat nose high until i saw your truck and liked how it looked but other trucks with same level looked really nose high. my other choice was 2.5" AS level but didnt want 3" rear block due to rake so i figuered a 2.5 block would be perfect and offer more clearance for aggressive wheel/tire set up. im either going to do 20x9 0 offset or 20x9 -12 but this seems hard to do with a level and 33" trail grapplers. dont mean to hijack your thread ( not sure if i am lol) but i was going to post a thread asking about 2.5" blocks as well. i think pro comp makes them as well and made from different materials but not sure if they would work on our trucks.
Originally with the spacer un the front, the rear was only 1/4" or ao lower. Hard to see without measuring and stuff. But I added a toolbox and it's loaded down with tools etc and just some settling so it sags much more. Bout 1" now. So I figure. Full 2.5" block replacement will get me back to the rear jus a hair taller than the rear. Have you found any? I want to stay away from stacking blocks also.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:24 PM
I have been in the market as well for exactly a 2.5 inch rear block. I have a HBS 2 inch front spacer and the truck sits about dead even. I have been searching high and low to get a little more clearance in the rear. I emailed Pro Comp directly and they only offer a 4 inch rear block and a add a leaf that will add 1.5-2inches. Im very tempted to order those blocks on Ebay, is there any negative to using the aluminum blocks on our trucks?

Old 03-04-2011, 05:11 PM
Anyone have any experience with these blocks. Im highly considering ordering them soon.........

Old 03-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Not that I'm sure of. From what I've heard some people say about having aluminum between steel isn't good because the aluminum is more likely to corrode, ita softer, possibly doesn't provide much peace if mind if someone used steel or iron? Correct me if I'm wrong. Used2vec, use been contemplating this hard too.

Old 03-05-2011, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by rich_platinum
Not that I'm sure of. From what I've heard some people say about having aluminum between steel isn't good because the aluminum is more likely to corrode, ita softer, possibly doesn't provide much peace if mind if someone used steel or iron? Correct me if I'm wrong. Used2vec, use been contemplating this hard too.
I just placed my order from the link you provided. I think they are over priced but they are the only ones out there so you have to pay. Im not sure if Im going to put them on with my stock wheels, guess depends on how much free time I have. Ill keep eying this thread and see what comes up.

Old 03-05-2011, 06:13 PM
All these great looking trucks has me about to pull the trigger on the link above too! Darn you all!

Old 03-06-2011, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by used2vtec
I just placed my order from the link you provided. I think they are over priced but they are the only ones out there so you have to pay. Im not sure if Im going to put them on with my stock wheels, guess depends on how much free time I have. Ill keep eying this thread and see what comes up.
Let me know what you think of these blOcks when you get them. Feel, quality, rt. And some before and after photos are a must

Quick Reply: Anyone have any experience with these blocks?