2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

BLACKOUT's 2010 F150 MOD progression thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 08:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blackout..how did you take off your F150 badges on the sides? Did you use some double sided tape to put it back on? And do you black out the one on the tailgate as well?

Old 03-05-2011, 09:55 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Blackout you bastard, stop making me so jealous... that truck looks so sick

Old 03-05-2011, 10:35 PM
Definitely just read through this entire thread! Amazing, if you get bored and want another project, you should blackout my 2010 STX! I'm only half hour away from the FL border. I'm still a modifier in training.... This forum is a god send for me!

I'm thinking after my short deployment I'm going to look into the HD head and tail lights. They look great! The ENTIRE truck is just down right sexy!

One last thing, on the lift or lower topic. My personal opinion is trucks are meant to have clearance... The whole lower thing just turns me off!
This girl is planning to get some bigger tires and possibly a small lift. I love a guy with a big truck

Old 03-06-2011, 08:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's the plan for the rear Ford emblem? - Og

Old 03-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by pwheels
Blackout..how did you take off your F150 badges on the sides? Did you use some double sided tape to put it back on? And do you black out the one on the tailgate as well?
I used a small flathead screwdriver to pry them off and I replaced them with new ones.. I figured I would but all 3 new from Tasca because I didnt know how difficult they would be to remove and if they would come off in 1 piece.. The fender badges came off no prob, But I had try break the taigate badge to remove it...

Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
Blackout you bastard, stop making me so jealous... that truck looks so sick
Thanks Bro

Originally Posted by croot0512
Definitely just read through this entire thread! Amazing, if you get bored and want another project, you should blackout my 2010 STX! I'm only half hour away from the FL border. I'm still a modifier in training.... This forum is a god send for me!

I'm thinking after my short deployment I'm going to look into the HD head and tail lights. They look great! The ENTIRE truck is just down right sexy!

One last thing, on the lift or lower topic. My personal opinion is trucks are meant to have clearance... The whole lower thing just turns me off!
This girl is planning to get some bigger tires and possibly a small lift. I love a guy with a big truck
Thanks... Let me know when you are ready to start the mods and I'll give you a few ideas to get you going.
Originally Posted by OgRedd
What's the plan for the rear Ford emblem? - Og
Im on the fence with painting my current one or ordering the one with the back up camera and painting that.. I'm leaning towards the one with the camera.. I also plan on finding a specialty painter to paint the FORD letters on both oval badges in some sort of dark gray to look like ghost writing..

Old 03-06-2011, 09:51 AM
Originally Posted by ColonelBlue
Any better with the cts?
I ordered custom tunes from Bill, But will prob take a few weeks.. So I'm currently running it on the canned 91+ Extreme tune and the first thing I noticed was the throttle response is much better and it seems that it shifts at higher RPM's which I also like.. Overall a nice improvement from stock but once I get the Volant CAI and custom tunes installed it should be allot better.. I'm also planning on Superior 4.56 gears in the coming months and will need a newer tune to account for those when that time comes.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:07 AM
love the truck man. read through this whole thread & love the mods.. i wish i got a white truck now, i love my black truck but its so hard to keep it clean plus i think the hd tails & heads look 10 times better like you said the white makes the black pop out... agree with you on everything but sports teams
yanks and giants fan here...

Old 03-06-2011, 11:56 AM
I have been trying to think of what direction I want to go with the hood.. I like the stock hood but think it's too white, I considered a Ram-Air hood like my old truck but the ones that are currently available are really ugly! I saw a white Raptor at the local Ford dealership this weekend and it has a sick matte black hood decal.. I came across this product that's an officially licensed Ford product and I think it will add just enough black to the front of the truck to tie the colors together.. The only downfall is it's $369 just for the decal.. But I really like the way it pops on the white truck.

Last edited by BLACKOUT FX4; 03-06-2011 at 11:58 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by foxracer2759
love the truck man. read through this whole thread & love the mods.. i wish i got a white truck now, i love my black truck but its so hard to keep it clean plus i think the hd tails & heads look 10 times better like you said the white makes the black pop out... agree with you on everything but sports teams
yanks and giants fan here...
Oh man.. Yanks and Giants?? We couldn't be anymore opposite on sports teams! Haha!!

Old 03-06-2011, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by BLACKOUT FX4
I have been trying to think of what direction I want to go with the hood.. I like the stock hood but think it's too white, I considered a Ram-Air hood like my old truck but the ones that are currently available are really ugly! I saw a white Raptor at the local Ford dealership this weekend and it has a sick matte black hood decal.. I came across this product that's an officially licensed Ford product and I think it will add just enough black to the front of the truck to tie the colors together.. The only downfall is it's $369 just for the decal.. But I really like the way it pops on the white truck.
You could probably have a decal shop make if for you cheaper.

Old 03-06-2011, 06:54 PM
Damn nice looking build, I love the "storm trooper" look. I seriously considered ordering my new truck in white so I could do something similar, but my current truck is platinum white...so I wanted to do something a little different this time (ordered a black fx4 a few days ago).

BLACKOUT FX4, since you are the only one that I have seen running the Icon coilovers on here, could you weigh in on this?

https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...coilovers.html

Old 03-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by Langford
Damn nice looking build, I love the "storm trooper" look. I seriously considered ordering my new truck in white so I could do something similar, but my current truck is platinum white...so I wanted to do something a little different this time (ordered a black fx4 a few days ago).

BLACKOUT FX4, since you are the only one that I have seen running the Icon coilovers on here, could you weigh in on this?

https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...coilovers.html
Yep, I added my 2 cents to the thread.. Hope it helps.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:23 PM
So on the rear F150 logo you broke the whole thing and replaced it? I'm thinking maybe just debadging the tailgate, are there wholes or anything behind it?

Old 03-06-2011, 09:05 PM
rok
There are holes thats why nobody is badge-less!

Old 03-06-2011, 09:10 PM
rok
Hey Blackout, have you measured your stock clearance to what it is now? I also am gonna lift a lil on my truck but will probably do 33"s since its a lil cheaper and save a lil at the pump. So i wanted to kinda get a guesstimate of where it would sit with 33"s and the icons.

Quick Reply: BLACKOUT's 2010 F150 MOD progression thread