2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

OEM Remote Start Part Number

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 09:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nix09Screw
Does anyone have the installation instructions for a 2009 F150 supercrew, I purchased the 6 Button Gold system.

Thanks
http://documents.codesystems.com/711971.pdf

it's a 2010 file but the wires are the same for 2009

Old 04-10-2012, 10:44 PM
Thanks for your help

Old 05-23-2012, 12:32 AM
6 button remote - so which system do I have?

Hi,
first off - great forum, thanks for all the info.

So just go my first F150, a 2010 super cab Platimun, so far so good.

As it is a used truck I have limited manuals, so I have a few questions.

First the facts.
a) The truck came with qty 2, 6 button fobs, no other fobs were provided at all
b) there is a little Red LED mounted on the dash to the left of the steering wheel, I am assuming (after reading here) that this is the programming LED
c) as of yet I have not found the programming button.
d) truck switches off when the door is opened (I have learnt here how to fix that but not had a chance to try it yet)
e) Truck is 'Canadian' - not sure if that makes any differance or not
f) Truck is Silver - quite sure that makes no differance at all

So my question is, How do I know if I have the basic remote start system (bronze I think its called) or if I have the one with the alarm in it (Gold).

Am I correct in assuming that the fact I have a 6 button remote, and that it works to unlock and lock doors as well as start the truck that I must therefor have the system with the alarm - as the 6 button remote will not work with the non-alarm remote start system (as others have tried this to eliminate the need to carry 2 fobs)

And - would anyone have the Users Manual for the Gold System - I found the install manuls on Code Systems site, but as of yet can't find the User Manual that the dealer would have given to the Customer.

many thanks

Old 05-23-2012, 10:49 AM
mstokes, yes you have the Gold system which is alarm plus remote start and keyless entry all in one 6-button fob.

This is the owner's manual: http://documents.codesystems.com/701182.pdf

Yes the red LED is the programming LED. To find the programming button, look for the brain unit for the system, it should be mounted somewhere under the dash on the driver's side. Once you find it, search along the wiring harnesses coming out of the brain unit, the programming button should be along there. Sometimes these wires are all wrapped up in tape.

Once you find the programming button, then you can change Option Bank 5, Option 5 on Page 8 of this file and it should no longer shutoff when opening the door: http://documents.codesystems.com/710617.pdf

Old 05-23-2012, 11:04 PM
thanks

Old 12-27-2013, 05:55 AM
So I'm going to bring this thread back from the dead... Steve or any of you parts dept guys... know where I can get a gold system for an 09 at a discounted NOS rate since they are kinda outdated these days? Believe it's the AL3Z-19G364-A

Old 12-27-2013, 01:22 PM
actually this would be the part number for your 2009: 7L3Z-19G364-AA

the one you posted is for 2010 trucks wit MyKey, although it would still work on your truck.

sometimes I see them cheap on ebay, there was one on there with the 2009 part number for $225 or best offer.

Old 12-27-2013, 08:36 PM
best i found

i just bought this kit part # bc3z-19g364-a from a ford dealer in ohio through ebay.it took 10 min to install and the dealer programmed and cut both keys for 80 bucks. ebay number is 171103442938. comes with 2 new factory keys also for 175$

Last edited by wendell11; 12-27-2013 at 08:42 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 06:18 PM
Originally Posted by SteveVFX4
actually this would be the part number for your 2009: 7L3Z-19G364-AA

the one you posted is for 2010 trucks wit MyKey, although it would still work on your truck.

sometimes I see them cheap on ebay, there was one on there with the 2009 part number for $225 or best offer.
Actually found the My Key system cheaper... than the $225... will there be any issues with putting it on my 09? Buttons being off or anything of that sort? Also is that one gonna have a key fob or actually be on the key?

Old 12-30-2013, 07:01 PM
it has a key fob that replaces your factory keyless entry fob. note the system is not plug and play, you have to splice in all the wires into your truck, about 16 wires total.

the remote start on the key didn't come out until the 2011-up trucks.

That system will work just fine. The only difference is in the programming option settings, Option Bank 5 - Option 5 was changed due to the MyKey setting of shutting off the engine when opening the door after remote start. This file shows the option settings for both the older non-Mykey system and the 2010 Mykey system. http://documents.codesystems.com/710617.pdf

Old 10-27-2014, 03:56 PM
Does anyone know how the Drone Mobile RSD-3100AS compares to the Ford OEM Remote Access Part No: DL3Z-19A390-B?

Thanks,
Scott

Old 11-17-2014, 01:35 PM
hoping that maybe someone in this post with the ford "gold" 6 button can tell me if the 7L3Z-19G364-AA with pats bypass will control the dual zone climate control and heated/ cooled seats in my 09 platinum. Or was this reserved for the 11 and up models? Thanks for the input.

Old 01-07-2015, 07:15 PM
Originally Posted by SteveVFX4
Here are the 3 different Ford systems offered with the part numbers and a picture of the remote fob that comes with it (these are 2010 part numbers only, from the Ford accesory website you posted).

Remote Start only (basic system) Part Number: AW3Z-19G364-A

Remote Start only, Bi-Directional (2-way) Part Number: AC3Z-19G364-A

Remote Start, With Keyless Entry & Alarm Part Number (gold system): AL3Z-19G364-A

For the first two remote start systems, you would have to carry your factory keyless entry fob with you too. The first one is the one you get as the factory invoiced accessory remote start system if you order your truck with it. The second one is actually a 2-way type system, the button flashes green and the keyfob beeps to confirm that the truck started. The third system includes the alarm, and it replaces your factory keyless fob since the new fob does control keyless entry and remote start all in one fob. The extra 1 and 2 buttons on the fob are pretty much useless for our trucks. You could turn the alarm feature off if you want (if you don't like alarms), but at least then you would still have everything all in one key fob rather than having to carry 2 fobs around.

Using those part numbers, try shopping online like at www.tascafordparts.com or other similar discount Ford parts dealers.

For either system, you also need the Ford PATS Interface/bypass kit, the part number is 8L3Z-19G365-BA. This kit is needed for the truck to start due to the PATS security chip in our keys. Other generic kits require you to leave a spare key up inside the dash. This kit actually simulates that a key is in the ignition and allows the truck to remote start. You just need your 2 master keys to program this kit.

The first two remote start only systems above actually install pretty easy now, they come with a plug-in harness that plugs directly into our trucks. Then there’s only about 6 wires or so left that you have to splice-in yourself. The 6-button fob remote start with alarm system does not come with any type of plug-in harness, so you have to tap/splice all of the necessary wires (about 16 or so total). Most of the wires you tap into are along the steering column and driver's side kick panel/door sill, but there's also 1 or 2 wires that you tap into at the passenger side kick panel at the smart junction box (SJB).

You can find some of the Ford technical install manuals here:
Technical Specifications

Just select “installation instructions” and then “electronics” and within there are the remote start and alarm files.

Oh, and for 2010 with My-Key, you'll want to change the settings for the system so it doesn't shut off when opening the door. I posted about it here and included links to the programming files for either the basic/2way rmst start system and the 6-button rmst/alarm: https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...ml#post4334935
are these part numbers still accurate, thinking of getting the gold system, reason why i ask is because part numbers change, not that often but they do

Old 11-01-2015, 01:40 PM
I realize this is an old thread, but hoping someone can help me find some install instructions for the 6-Button Gold system. Have the kits on order, just trying make sure that I haven't bit off more than I can chew. Thanks

Quick Reply: OEM Remote Start Part Number