2009 - 2014 F-150

Which truck ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are basing your buying decision to a significant degree on 0-60 times, why would you want a truck? Just doesn't make sense to me...

Obviously you want your truck to be able to get up and go on on-ramps and other things that require a quick acceleration, but if that's the only thing a you think a Titan has over an F150 then it seems pretty ridiculous to get a Titan in my opinion. Now if you have other reasons for liking a Titan, then by all means go buy a Titan. However, if you're basing your decision solely on which has better 0-60 times, I believe your looking at the wrong vehicles entirely--sports cars sound more like what you're looking for.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:27 PM
Same thinking as me. No stock truck i know of i would call fast. Not even the Tundra. Unless you think a 1 sec quicker 0-60 means quick then yes they are of course quicker but still by no means fast.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:42 PM
I doubt many people buy a truck solely on the acceleration, but who didn't stomp on the gas on their test drive to "see what the truck had"?

Most guys over on that forum seemed to describe a huge lack of power with the F-150, which makes it sound like a pig that can't get out of its own way...which is just untrue. They seem to be of the opinion that their trucks are far superior in the engine department, which is why I posted my video to show a head to head race between the two. Not such a drastic difference between them as they would lead you to believe, not to mention the lack of a tuner on my truck.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:54 PM
Originally Posted by Langford
I doubt many people buy a truck solely on the acceleration, but who didn't stomp on the gas on their test drive to "see what the truck had"?

Most guys over on that forum seemed to describe a huge lack of power with the F-150, which makes it sound like a pig that can't get out of its own way...which is just untrue. They seem to be of the opinion that their trucks are far superior in the engine department, which is why I posted my video to show a head to head race between the two. Not such a drastic difference between them as they would lead you to believe, not to mention the lack of a tuner on my truck.
You should have filled up with some E85 and he would have watched you pulling away from him. You wouldnt have needed a lot to keep up with him and thats with all them mods he has. The F150 aint as slow as these people think. The crazy thing is i have seen 0-60 times for the F150 from 7.5 secs to as much as 9.0 secs!! Seems testing is all over the place. Perhaps some of these faster figures were with E85!

Old 05-18-2010, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by Langford
I love how everybody always says that the titan has so much more power...just because something revs higher and feels faster, doesn't really mean it is.
I had both truck...

15 seconds flat on the 1/4 mile with the Titan. Mods, 33'' BFG A/T, 2.5'' leveling kit, CAI and cat back.

15.7 seconds on the 1/4 mile with the F150. Mods, cai, catback and Edge Evo.

Yes the Titan is faster, but the F150 is a better truck.

Old 05-19-2010, 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by Power Kid
I vaugly recall in the pickuptrucks.com 2007 shootout the Titan was faster even with a lot of weight in the bed. was it 1000 lbs... going on memory here. bt i twas much much faster. Did we close the gap with the 09+... a touch.
http://special-reports.pickuptrucks....shoot-out.html

Old 05-19-2010, 01:49 AM
I was talking about an older test.

Old 05-19-2010, 07:03 PM
my ex-gf wanted to buy a titan so I took to the nissan dealership and she drove one. After we got back I smelled electrical burning(you know that smell) and told the salesman to get that truck checked out. We got out of there quick.

Quick Reply: Which truck ?